Micromax MMX 400R not working in Ubuntu 12.10

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I recently bought a Micromax MMX 400R Router and it is working fine with Windows 7.:-D No problems till now with Win7. But, When I boot into Ubuntu 12.10 and plug-in the router, It is not detected.:shock: So, I googled and found out that none of the Micromax modems work with Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10.:evil: There are some solutions for 12.04 to make it work. But, for 12.10, none of the solutions work.:cry: What should I do now???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
any hardware device needs drivers & if there are no drivers for a particular OS then there is nothing you can do except asking manufacturer/OS developers to support the device.ask at ubuntu forums & micromax forum.

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
any hardware device needs drivers & if there are no drivers for a particular OS then there is nothing you can do except asking manufacturer/OS developers to support the device.ask at ubuntu forums & micromax forum.

Will do it. And Thanks for at least replying.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
creating/updating drivers is a tough job especially for open source os like linux.contact this person & maybe he can figure out a way:
My tryst with Linux: Using Micromax 3G Modem on Ubuntu 12.04

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not familiar with this social networking stuff but try joining/adding him using google+ or post comment on his latest post:
*plus.google.com/112680610200769473710/about

Top Bottom