Micromax Canvas Turbo launched. Impressive Specs, but is it worth the price?

Your expectation vs reality. Has Micromax delivered on your expectations?

• Total voters

arkkrish

Broken In
Micromax launches the Canvas Turbo smartphone for Rs. 19,990 - Mobile Phone News | ThinkDigit

The specsheet looks pretty impressive almost at par with GS4, HTC One, etc. What I'm impressed the most about the device is the full HD screen (as expected) and the 16GB built-in storage. It looks cool too in blue color. It would be great if there are red and yellow variants also. What you guys think?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
You don\'t need to create 2 threads for the same matter

Micromax launches the Canvas Turbo smartphone for Rs. 19,990 - Mobile Phone News | ThinkDigit

The specsheet looks pretty impressive almost at par with GS4, HTC One, etc. What I'm impressed the most about the device is the full HD screen (as expected) and the 16GB built-in storage. It looks cool too in blue color. It would be great if there are red and yellow variants also. What you guys think?

I hope you do know that it's an mediatek cpu phone,SO XPERIA L > than this crap

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
MMX is launching phones like increasing price in petrol...
Why dont they improve ASS of them first then launch new phones

OP
A

arkkrish

Broken In
I feel he's some MMX rep

My bad. It was not my intention to post multiple threads (my internet connection went off, I didn't see my thread published for a while, so I created a new thread). I am not a MMX rep. I honestly am interested in this phone. I was thinking of buying Nexus 4 for this diwali. But after the announcement of Turbo, I decided to wait. Now that the phone is launched, I actually want to know whether this is worth a buy considering Nexus 4 is almost the same price. If Turbo's price was around 15k, then I would have bought this. But, I didn't expect that considering canvas4 was 18k. I am really confused now. I can't wait for Nexus 5 because it will definitely be priced around 30k. So which phone do you think is a better buy. I don't really care about the screen size. So Nexus 4 or Turbo?

Are you kidding me? Nexus 4 is much better than Canvas Turbo. Now don't say about 1080p, it might be just an average screen with 1080 resolution. Resolution doesn't guarantee good colour reproduction

$hadow

Geek in making
How much difference is visible in a hd to a fhd screen. The retina display is what a human eye can see. It is more of a gimmick that companies uses to show off. 720p is just enough for the phone from my point of view.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
go with nexus 4 if limited storage is not a problem
This MMX is also offering Limited Storage only AFAIK.

What really funny is
An Overclocked Quad core processor + FHD Display + 2 Gigs of RAM this is Good
But battery = 2000 mah . this is where this product may fail:rofl:.
I dont think this phone even dare to compete against nexus 4 (16 GB):mrgreen:

How much difference is visible in a hd to a fhd screen. The retina display is what a human eye can see. It is more of a gimmick that companies uses to show off. 720p is just enough for the phone from my point of view.

The extra sharpness between 720p & 1080p is worth an upgrade. I've compared screens of my Nexus 4, with HTC Butterfly & S4 together(same pic in each in 100% brightness). The image looked best in S4, then Butterfly n then N4.

$hadow

Geek in making
The extra sharpness between 720p & 1080p is worth an upgrade. I've compared screens of my Nexus 4, with HTC Butterfly & S4 together(same pic in each in 100% brightness). The image looked best in S4, then Butterfly n then N4.

Well maybe you're right but still it is a pixels gimmick used by companies according to me. After my phone the only display that I admire is apples. The pics are always just like they appear to be in reality. But again this is my personal views and some will agree some will not.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
My bad. It was not my intention to post multiple threads (my internet connection went off, I didn't see my thread published for a while, so I created a new thread). I am not a MMX rep. I honestly am interested in this phone. I was thinking of buying Nexus 4 for this diwali. But after the announcement of Turbo, I decided to wait. Now that the phone is launched, I actually want to know whether this is worth a buy considering Nexus 4 is almost the same price. If Turbo's price was around 15k, then I would have bought this. But, I didn't expect that considering canvas4 was 18k. I am really confused now. I can't wait for Nexus 5 because it will definitely be priced around 30k. So which phone do you think is a better buy. I don't really care about the screen size. So Nexus 4 or Turbo?

Seriously man?This phone is CRAP.
MMX phones are crap.
The chipest use is crap.
Even Xperia M is 1000 times better than this phone.Heck Xperia M is better than all samsung phones under 20k :)
Since you have a 30k budget,Get Xperia ZL/ZR/SP And here nexus 4 will be the most VFM out of all these phones

$hadow

Geek in making
Nop.But just stating a fact,That samsung has crap phones under 20/25k.

Indeed they are. I would say if you have their flagship device than you are well or else you will always bang your head for buying sammy and neglecting what else you could have got in the similar budget.

Indeed they are. I would say if you have their flagship device than you are well or else you will always bang your head for buying sammy and neglecting what else you could have got in the similar budget.

That's true considering Samsung's current line up. They have badly priced phones like S4 Mini, which should be priced at approx 18k, S3 @ 20k, Grand @ 14-15k....... Actually Sony launched Xperia L/M at very aggressive price, that's why.

HTC is even worse than Samsung.... One X is still retailing at 25k,whereas S3 is atleast at 24k locally. Also check prices of its desire series. Also HTC One is available for 38k here locally compared to 35k for S4

Conclusion : Don't be brand specific. Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC are good companies, just get the best mobile for the price

sushovan

In the zone
I feel you are some Sony rep.

:lol: Only some sony reps would say a crap phone like Xperia M is better than all Samsung phones under 20k. It has way more negatives for its CPU ( only positive of this crap) to keep it ahead of Galaxy Grand and S4 mini and phones like LG L9.

Conclusion : Don't be brand specific. Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC are good companies, just get the best mobile for the price

+100 to this. But Not many realize this and waste their money by being flattered by aggressive promotional campaign by Samsung, Sony etc. ( not to mention some of their retarded fanboys).

geek_rocker

Broken In
Meh, I will only consider Micromax/Karbonn/Xolo phones when they start respecting the GPL agreement and start releasing kernel sources for their phones.

Mediatek processors for 20k isn't a good idea at all. And it has no SD card slot either. Nexus 4 is much better choice.

Top Bottom