micromax canvas hd vs samsung phones~15k range

dhiman33

Broken In
Hey guys, Please help me choose between micromax canvas hd and a samsung phone at the price range ~16k. What I see from surfing the net is that canvas hd is probably packing in much better specs than any other brand below 20k. Previously I was inclined to buy s duos but some of my friends are suggesting canvas hd. Can you suggest if buying a micromax phone would be a smart move? I don't have that much brand fascination but I want at least 2 year's hassle free service :(

Also this I think is better thand galaxy grand? Can someone confirm if it's dual sim?? :(

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yes, its dual sim.. if you want to buy canvas hd, id suggest you wait at least a month more for optimal reviews, tutorials and other tweaks to emerge (basically the ecosystem :D)
also know that MMX warranty can be dodgy, depending upon your location

PS: S Duos is a joke compared to other phones.. try L9 if u cant wait

Last edited:

nikufellow

In the zone
I would say you go for GRAND atleast you can trust sammy with after sales and updates moreover grand ain't that bad spec wise too ;)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I too would suggest L9. Best bet and you can get it for 18k at market. VFM and better compared to Grand in terms of everything. :D

Neo

Canvas HD has its own drawbacks. Very low camera performance in low light, bad plastic like build quality. so, I don't think one should go for canvas HD just because it has a quad core processor. 4 cores are not usable anyway.
L9 is good and slightly above your budget (18k). Or you can import Nexus 4 from the States for 22k

OP
D

dhiman33

Broken In
Now I am confused!! I am really inclined to go for lg l9.. :p anything better mates? and would lg l9 be upgradable to jelly bean? (noob in knowledge of android).. X-(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Now I am confused!! I am really inclined to go for lg l9.. :p anything better mates? and would lg l9 be upgradable to jelly bean? (noob in knowledge of android).. X-(

Under 20k, get L9. There is a reason everyone is suggesting this mobile. From Samsung, there is S Advanced but it has smaller display, low resolution, slightly weaker processor/GPU & also less ram. And lastly it is still in Android 2.3 with Android 4.1 update pending.

tkin

Back to school!!
LG Optimus 4X HD, L7, and L9 to get Jelly Bean within months - GSMArena.com news

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Go for the L9. It‘ll get official update of Jelly Bean(tkin posted link)
I feel it‘s better phone overall :wink:

OP
D

dhiman33

Broken In
Hey mates, I was getting ready to go shopping l9, but having a last minute review, I was shocked to see it was single sim :( any good phones with dual sim?

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey mates, I was getting ready to go shopping l9, but having a last minute review, I was shocked to see it was single sim :( any good phones with dual sim?
Only GRAND, no others, and there are no deals for it, 21k street price, and no good phone comes with Dual Sim, it's a chinese specialty(they have quad sims), samsung brought grand out for the asian market where these phones are rampant.

Do what I am doing, primary sim on L9, secondary on Nokia 100.

OP
D

dhiman33

Broken In
ok how about xperia sl?? it is more pricey..but do u think it's a better buy than lg l9 in terms of VFM? please suggest, if lg l9 is better than xperia sl, then i think i would buy it tommorrow,if the extra price (~6k) to be put for xperia sl is worth it, then i'll wait a little more and buy it on EMI ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok how about xperia sl?? it is more pricey..but do u think it's a better buy than lg l9 in terms of VFM? please suggest, if lg l9 is better than xperia sl, then i think i would buy it tommorrow,if the extra price (~6k) to be put for xperia sl is worth it, then i'll wait a little more and buy it on EMI ;)

i said it many times. if your budget is above 20k, increase and get SL. else get L9 and save a few thousand (use it to get a good IEM).

OP
D

dhiman33

Broken In
Hey mates, I have upgraded my budget upto 24k. :) Now please suggest what would be the best smartphone that comes in this budget? :) xperia sl eyes closed is it? would it receive jelly bean upgrade soon? and can i modify it's gui to match samsung phones? (I mean the fancy animated wallpaper of s3,games like temple run,theme-style of samsung phones(take galaxy grand's fancy theme ;) ) etc(i'm a noob,see?))

OP
D

dhiman33

Broken In
24k.. why not wait for Xperia SP? its around the corner
or go for Xperia SL

omg i'hve just google and xperia sp looks stunning!! :O when it will come to market, mate?? :O I'll definitely buy it if it has specs as good as(or better than) xperia sl.

Top Bottom