Micromax A110/ Android ICS help

tirtha2shredder

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys I recently got myself a new micromax A110 with android ics last week
.. today I installed NFS Most Wanted on my internal SD card and after running it, I found that it needed 1.9 gb of further data download.. it asked to clear up my SD card of 2 gb or insert another one... I also have an external 32 gb micro SD card inserted lying almost empty... so I set the default storage location to external storage.... I ran the game again and it game again and it gave the same response so I uninstalled and reinstalled it only to find that it was downloaded in the internal storage of the phone this time...
I ran the game and once again, it asked me to free up data... so my question is that is there a way to install apps on the external SD card or download the app data there? If not, how else can be the problem worked out? Does the phone need to be rooted for the purpose?
Please help guys!
Thanks in advance..

shawn301287

Broken In
I was so so so glad to see and find somebody who has a110, using it, and happy wid it...
i am dead mad to get this device...
researched over the net, though not much, saw videos over utube and stuff, some things disappointed me though..
1) I love the screen size, but is it good enough like amoled one's??
2) d processor is very good, no doubt abt it..
3) abt RAM, its just 512, so wil that be a pull down nw or later???? I was thinkin to hold on this and see if micromax releases one wid 1GB RAM and Jelly Bean out of the Box...
4) It runs ICS, and how much expectations can v hav over micromaxx for releasin jelly bean and so on, though rootin is an option..???
5) How good is the touch, though i dont xpect it to be like flagship phones, still??
6) Most imp, howz the sound, not on the headfones provided, but if v use a decent headfone, like nokia bluetooth headset, that black-red color combo one..
7) How well does the phone connect to wifi network, heard of some problems in connecting???
8) From where did you buy dis lovely phoneand when?? and how much did it cost you exactly??
please post a complete review from ur side abt ur experience in using this phone since u bought this phone
Pls do attend my above queries and reply them...
sorry for the long list of q's though...
if any more wil get in touch wid you bro... tc, cya, waitin anxiously for ur reply...

vikasasija

Hey bro !! i too use one A110..sharing my feedback, hope that helps..
I was so so so glad to see and find somebody who has a110, using it, and happy wid it...
researched over the net, though not much, saw videos over utube and stuff, some things disappointed me though..
Cant compare it with Amoled but still IPS display is very crisp and clear (720p videos looks great), i personally have no complaints with the price band this phone is offered in. ( Though screen brightness must be kept max while using outdoors)
Yes processor response is good
3) abt RAM, its just 512, so wil that be a pull down nw or later???? I was thinkin to hold on this and see if micromax releases one wid 1GB RAM and Jelly Bean out of the Box...
Its an individual call :), ofcourse specs shall continue to evolve with time
4) It runs ICS, and how much expectations can v hav over micromaxx for releasin jelly bean and so on, though rootin is an option..???
I havent rooted mine yet but i hv read that it can be rooted and also theres a rumour of jelly bean update so fingers crossed
5) How good is the touch, though i dont xpect it to be like flagship phones, still??
Touch is as good as any branded phone
6) Most imp, howz the sound, not on the headfones provided, but if v use a decent headfone, like nokia bluetooth headset, that black-red color combo one..
External speaker is neither too loud like those Chinese phones nor as low as some branded ones, its good enough... sounded very good with my Sennheiser headphone.
7) How well does the phone connect to wifi network, heard of some problems in connecting???
Have been using its since 2 weeks,Havent faced any such issue as yet.
8) From where did you buy dis lovely phoneand when?? and how much did it cost you exactly??
Noida sector 18, priced 9700
please post a complete review from ur side abt ur experience in using this phone since u bought this phone
if any more wil get in touch wid you bro... tc, cya, waitin anxiously for ur reply...

OP
T

tirtha2shredder

So far, I have had just two problems with the phone
-Touch goes haywire and acts real weird when the phone is connected to the charger... I looked the issue up the internet and found that its not uncommon with Android phones..
-The cell standby battery drain is unusually high as shown in the stats (33%) while the large screen consumes only 8% after adjusting the brightness. Once again, I Googled it up and found that it was also common with Android ICS devices and it is a bug attached to this OS version solved in JB. So eagerly waiting for the upgrade.

Apart from that, the phone is top notch and works like a charm. No lags even in demanding games like NFSMW, GTA 3 and Amazing Spiderman..

OP
T

tirtha2shredder

And the touch is super responsive nd really smooth..

About the screen, keeping it at just 25% brightness makes it clearly visible outdoors..

techlover

In the zone
Yes by default apps are stored in internal memory...you need to root your phone and then you can even link your SD Card with internal memory.

Also one alternative is that you download the additional 1.9GB data from computer and transfer it to SD card

shawn301287

Broken In
And the touch is super responsive nd really smooth..

About the screen, keeping it at just 25% brightness makes it clearly visible outdoors..

Thnax for talikng ur time and presenting ur feedback...

Hey bro !! i too use one A110..sharing my feedback, hope that helps..
Amazing feedback my friend... my want for this phone has topped again....

And if the thread owner doesnt mind, lets make this thread to be a discussion place for all those who own and dream to own the MICROMAXX A110...

OWNERS: Please check if 1080p videos play on this device....

shawn301287

Broken In
another set of queries....
1) How about 1 hand usage of this beast, comfortable enough, o tough...
2) I heard that it takes pretty long time to get fully charged, how true is this as per ur experience with it till date... Cos if thats so n the touch being weird will on charging , so thats a concern too..
3) Since the company brandin logo is just on the back side and a tiny one too, so are there any good fone covers available for a110 to hide this too
4) Heard that with soome 3 or 4 apps running in back ground and temple run being played, the game lags and stuff... if any user can try this and share their views wud be appreciated..

answering this wud be an addition to the a110 review...

OP
T

tirtha2shredder

another set of queries....
1) How about 1 hand usage of this beast, comfortable enough, o tough...
2) I heard that it takes pretty long time to get fully charged, how true is this as per ur experience with it till date... Cos if thats so n the touch being weird will on charging , so thats a concern too..
3) Since the company brandin logo is just on the back side and a tiny one too, so are there any good fone covers available for a110 to hide this too
4) Heard that with soome 3 or 4 apps running in back ground and temple run being played, the game lags and stuff... if any user can try this and share their views wud be appreciated..

answering this wud be an addition to the a110 review...

Yes about the charging part, you pretty much heard right...
When the phone is continually used for gaming/internet/video for over 5-6 hours, the battery gets depleted... it takes a similar amount of time to charge it up...
What you can do and what I also plan to do soon is get a spare battery and a direct battery charger and carry it around and use alternately as one depletes while the other charges up..

And as far as in game lags are concerned, I haven't experienced any tbqh..

Top Bottom