micro sd card ????

abhi615

Broken In
hi guys.,
i want to buy a new sd card, preferably 4 or 8 gb..i own moto defy & am using 2 gb card which came with it... and i searched a bit but just too many things, class 2, class 4 etc etc. kingston or san disk or transcend or any other...where to buy., warranty, transfer speed - 2 mb/ sec to 6 mb / sec.. etc... lots of issues..
pls suggest a good memry card..

OP
A

abhi615

Broken In
hi guys.,
i want to buy a new sd card, preferably 4 or 8 gb..i own moto defy & am using 2 gb card which came with it... and i searched a bit but just too many things, class 2, class 4 etc etc. kingston or san disk or transcend or any other...where to buy., warranty, transfer speed - 2 mb/ sec to 6 mb / sec.. etc... lots of issues..
pls suggest a good memry card..

hi again, 80 odd views but no replies..pls help guys..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
SanDisk MicroSDHC 8GB Class4.

in case you want a Class 10. get this: Transcend MicroSDHC 8GB Class 10

but i feel Class4 is sufficient.

OP
A

abhi615

Broken In
thanks sam, but what exactly is the difference between class 4 and class 10, & how will it effect my use.. which one is better san disk / transcend / kingston... are there any brands which come with option of protecting sd card with password ??

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
motorola suggests you to buy sandisk. the class difference is for speed. now the speed in which your phone operates, you wont get a significant difference between class 4 to class 10. it will matter mainly when you transfer file from pc to your mobile.

I am using sandisk class 4 microhdsc 8 gb.. and its working perfectly fine. i bought it with rs 470 from local wholesale market. I tried to find class 6, but no shopkeeper seems to know about class. and i could not find it. So if you get class 6, then go for it, else class 4 is enough

OP
A

abhi615

Broken In
motorola suggests you to buy sandisk. the class difference is for speed. now the speed in which your phone operates, you wont get a significant difference between class 4 to class 10. it will matter mainly when you transfer file from pc to your mobile.

I am using sandisk class 4 microhdsc 8 gb.. and its working perfectly fine. i bought it with rs 470 from local wholesale market. I tried to find class 6, but no shopkeeper seems to know about class. and i could not find it. So if you get class 6, then go for it, else class 4 is enough

thanks aritra,
i was myself thinking of sandisk clas 4, 8 gb, ya its available for around 500 bucks..will either take 8gb or 16 gb.. and does sandisk have class 6 cards?, i doubt..

Top Bottom