Micro controllers / Arduinos and Raspberry Pi in India

dead.night7

Journeyman
I know, thinkdigit magazine and the forum itself, often tries to focus on on technology related issues that are kind of having sense in electronic pc hardware, including motherboards, cpus ram, custom made enthusiast pcs and the likes.

I did read an issue past two years ago about Fast Track on Robotics in the think digit magazine around the month of December i think it was 2010 if i am not wrong that made a robot using the PIC KIT.
My whole point in having that recollect is, basically i was interested in programming micro controllers and having them with me to program into the chip

Now, to the point recently i have heard about the Arduino UNO, Mega, etc as the Open Source Micro-Controllers available over the internet (Foreign based internet retailers ELEMENT14.com / Amazon), Also The Raspberry Pi the (The Ultimate credit card sized PC running Debian/Arch Linux). I was like woo... Where will i find them here in india(Locally)? searched quite a lot but many deals were not worth it just because, the products were highly priced keeping apart the taxes and duties, the actual product is basically costs 1k less than every retailer selling there

The query was does actually anyone knows where would the electronics engineering toolsets would be available locally or over the internet at a fair price?
The sets may contain Breadboards wires, capacitors resistors ldr, etc and anything related to the project also, the basic Multimeters and micro-controllers too for the Arduinos, and also Raspberry Pi

i live in mumbai. as far as i know, there is Lamington road where the electronic parts are been sold at cheaper prices. my desktop is bought from there. So does anyone knows where should i find any of the above materials locally?

Top Bottom