Michael Schumacher says yes to £20m Mercedes return to Formula One

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

In the zone
Grand Prix legend Michael Schumacher has said "yes" to a Formula One comeback.
The 40-year-old has finally been persuaded to come to the rescue of car giant Mercedes, who gave him his Grand Prix break 19 years ago.
Mercedes came up with £125,000 to hand Schumacher, then an unknown, his F1 debut for Jordan at Spa in 1991.
Next season, he will fill the seat vacated by world champion Jenson Button's McLaren switch, as revealed by Mirror Sport.
And contrary to reports that the sport's most successful racer would be earning just £6million, the German will actually rake in the biggest salary in F1 next season, totalling nearly £20m.
Yet, even at that price he faces a cut from his £30m price-tag during his days at Ferrari.
It means that having initially refused to meet Button's demands for a minor pay hike, Mercedes are having to pay twice as much for this admittedly quality replacement.

But they are more than happy to do so when the name involved is Schumacher.

For more Click Here

NEWS CONFIRMED :

After weeks of speculation Mercedes confirmed on Wednesday that Michael Schumacher will make a comeback to race for the team next season alongside fellow German Nico Rosberg.

Link

Last edited:

chicha

High without substance...
Ferrair goes hand in hand with brand name Michael Schumacher. i really like him a lot and would love to see him back in action but not in a merc. :(

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
This is really a sad new!!!!
Michael almost this time sold his soul.Now for the first time i think he must have flouted the rules during F1 racing.
Sad Really Sad.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Unacceptable. Totally unacceptable. how can he go to Mercedes. How can I support him now?? Ross Brawn, I hate you for doing this to Schumi!!!!!

csczero

Journeyman
1. News yet to be confirmed

2. Ferrari went on without Schumi, and he'll go on without Ferrari. Nothing unfair it's a business as much, or more so, than a sport.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1. News yet to be confirmed

2. Ferrari went on without Schumi, and he'll go on without Ferrari. Nothing unfair it's a business as much, or more so, than a sport.

You will understand the pain if you were a hardcore Ferrari Fan.

Ross Brawn, I hate you for doing this to Schumi!!!!!

Well, Ross Brawn has nothing to with this.
He was also shocked when Jenson button left Brawn GP.
So, it's just business.

BTW:
:arrow: It was Mercedes who introduced Schumacher to F1. Mercedes always wanted schumacher in their them but it was never possible becoz of his contracts with Ferrari.
It's payback time for him .

chicha

High without substance...
it might be just sport for ppl, but it was soul for most of Ferrari and Schumacher fans. they both complimented each other very well. now Ferrari has lost its magic touch and Schumacher has sold his soul. F1 and Ferrari will never be the same for me again. i wonder if i should remove the Ferrari and Schumacher posters from my room :(.

a very sad event is going to unfold. :shock: :duh2::cryeyesout::banghead:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Schumi retired and he was not ditched. There was heavy drop in performance from Kimi after winning the championship. And Ferrari did the right thing coz they want their driver to do more than just coming in racing and going. And Alonso is one such driver who does a lot to the team apart from being a natural racer. Take a look at Alonso. Even though he won two championships, he is still determined to win. He is one hell of a strategist, builds a loyal engineer base around him and he never says "this is enough".

Me and my fellow Schumi/Ferrari fan gave a big party to our friends when Ferrari announced that Schumi will drive for Ferrari after Massa's accident.. But not this time if he drives a Mercedes.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Atleast the King's returnin' to F1! 2006-'09 was so empty without him :D. I loved Ron Dennis. Darn! Why did Kimi ever go to Rally? :cry:

It's just that Michael Schumacher was highly successful with Ferrari, which makes us think that he will always stick with Ferrari. Change is persistent. :-|

As for soul-selling, I don't really mind him going with Merc...but it will feel kinda' odd....just like Bill Gates promoting for Apple ! :grin:

jhoisaj

Right off the assembly line
He is one hell of a strategist, builds a loyal engineer base around him and he never says "this is enough".

OP
User Name

User Name

In the zone
NEWS CONFIRMED :

After weeks of speculation Mercedes confirmed on Wednesday that Michael Schumacher will make a comeback to race for the team next season alongside fellow German Nico Rosberg.

Rahim

Married!
Yah!!!! Its a 1 year contract considering how his neck comes up as the season moves along. But the fact that Schumi will be back on our television screens is really awesome :D
I will watch F1 all over again after skipping last season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom