Mi TV 4A club

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Anyone here using this TV over 1 year?

Want feedback on,
--Build quality
--Picture quality
--Response time (is it same as advertised)
--After sales service
--Possible to repair (If such incident encountered)

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I am happy with the picture quality. It looks great with certain Hollywood movies. Some regional content also looks great. I use the 1 st gen model. I don't know much about the Pro series which they sell now. A few complaints are wifi not working and bad sync and sound quality when pairing through Bluetooth. That is for the pro series.

I hope there will be some guy nearby for after-sales service. Because the installation guys were from a nearby town. I think they will be the ones attending if there is an issue.

I have once reset to factory default using hardware buttons. It was easy when you read a few tutorials online.

Personally, I would advise to look around for other models. Not because Mi TV is bad, but there are many options now.

Last edited:

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Anyone here using this TV over 1 year?

Want feedback on,
--Build quality
--Picture quality
--Response time (is it same as advertised)
--After sales service
--Possible to repair (If such incident encountered)

I have a colleague who has a Mi TV and he also faces issues (some minor, some major) from time to time. My advice would be to look for a different brand.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Can you tell about it ?

1. Huge issue of apps compatibility (netflix, Jio TV etc.)
2. WiFi strength issues and bluetooth connectivity issues
3. For few contents, some of the colors (specially red) seems too brightened.
4. Average quality of speakers, sync issues between audio and video for some of the contents while playing from pen drive/ hard drive.
Lastly but majorly, he could see that the panel has bent a little. There was no impact on it. It is wall mounted. I am not sure which exact model he has though.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Official YouTube app stopped working last week. People are mad against Mi. The only promise is that whole Android TV update will come soon. They are saying this since early this year.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Someone was saying what appears to be the truth. In India, Xiaomi is hiring more marketing people than technical people. Their marketing side is strong enough to meet the growing audience. But once they sell off the product, something comes by, there is no one to turn to. They should consider investing more on that front as well.

If you check on social media, people are angry that even YouTube app is not working on their TV. It got deprecated and there is no update. Not for one or two TVs, as close as 5 -10 lakh units.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
On Twitter, they say they are rolling out Android TV 9.0 Pie update. But on their forum, most of the members say they haven't got the update yet. Let us see.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
People are hoping for Miracast in this update. Rumours say there will be one in this March for Miracast. Not sure.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
My experience with this tv:
I wasn't using any smart features earlier, but now I am making full use of my Mi tv 49 . Have hotstart, prime, sony liv . Using casting. Even parents are casting old movies from youtube on their mobiles. Even have a ad blocker :D . Haven't tried kodi though

Top Bottom