Mi TV 4A club

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I have the 43 inch version. I have added VLC and it works fine. Got the apk for official website.

Tried to add Kodi. Got it installed but crashes when starting. Removed it.

The pre-loaded YouTube app is junk. Tried to add YouTube, Play Services and PlayStore through ApkMirror. Software started to hang. Got out of it just because of luck.

Flash

Lost in speed
From the Play store itself.
Google has released lite versions for many of their apps for Android Go.

These are all the Android Go apps you can download right now

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
That is the problem. Mi TV has Patchwall based on Android. No Play Store, Google Play Services. Normal YouTube app needs Google Play Services to work, which is no available in Patchwall right now. They promised Android TV update in 2019. I am not sure when it will come.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I just tried YouTube Go apk. It got installed alright. But when I tired to use it, it said no play services available. Third party apps will work if they don't need Play Services. VLC works just fine.Only fix is an Android TV update which they promised. No announcement yet.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
My TV does not have Bluetooth. I would like to use a headphone so that I can watch TV without disturbing others. What is the best method to achieve this ? Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse works fine on my TV. Is there any headphone which follows that tech ?

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I saw the video. Thanks.

I was trying to say that the wireless keyboard and mouse works. It has a dongle too. Is it Bluetooth ? I was thinking of it as some other mode of wirless transfer. Maybe wifi. Only because I read a few pages about Bluetooth speakers having issues like latency, bad audio sync etc.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Similar wifi devices are much costlier & harder to find(at least in India). Bluetooth is the preferred mode for such wireless audio setup. Wifi dongles are mostly for wireless kb/mouse while BT dongles are mainly for BT earphones/headphones(there are bluetooth keyboard/mouse too). Bluetooth indeed has lesser range & more latency but it is good enough for such usage if setup correctly. Bluetooth speakers are more problematic because of their larger audio driver/more requirements compared to bluetooth earphones/headphones.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
This TV doesn't have play store.
This TV has horrible in-built youtube app.
This TV doesn't support play store services.
This TV doesn't have bluetooth.
It's a Mi product, below average brand when it comes to televisions.

I wonder why you bought it in the first place. lol

Top Bottom