Merging Partitions - HELP !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hello all..

I need a quick help.. I have alloc 5GB for C Drive (Windows).. But this is not enough and so my sys hangs a lot.. I hv another Partition of 5 GB and i like to merge the 2 Partitions and make it to 10 GB.. I think then the sys runs fast.. cos i use Adobe PS and it takes a lot of time to load and make my sys very slow..

So i need to knw wats the best way to do this.. and also i dont want to didturb my OS.. No re-installing OS again..

TIA

phatratt

In the zone
Mearging two partiton won't gain much speed.make sure u have kept the root drive(C:) clean coz dumping too much files or installing lots of software can cause the os to slow down.Remember to keep the C: free with atleast 1-1.7GB of free space.If u want to mearge the partition then the best bet is Partition magic.

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
no merge partition will help. U should install the Adobe PS CS in a differnet partition and msot importantly the temp files dir in a diff partition, same goes with a dedicated swap twice ur RAM size

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
If you shell out enough money try Partition Magic or try that free tool Digit provided (forgot the name)

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi guys.. Now i have Partition Magic and tried to Merge my 2 Drives.. But i read the Help doc in Partition Magic and it says
"DO NOT MERGE A PARTITION IF IT HAS A OS INSTALLED IN IT".

But i have to Merge my Windows drive and its adjacent drive.. Now how shuld i do it.. Need step by step process..

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom