Memory Stick Micro(M2) for Sony Ericsson fones where to get original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Hi,

I asked a dealer here for M2 card for my new K810i.he quoted Rs700/- for 2GB M2.now , I researched the price and it seems original sandisk/sony M2 2GB will cost around Rs 1200.

How can I make sure this is not fake?
OR..Is there any price drop for M2?:confused:

Isnt sandisk/sony the only manufacturers of M2 cards?:eek:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Good Question

Best bet is Sony World.
SanDisk Website.
Or hopefully Katmadude on TechEnclave.

Then comes any trusted mobile dealer like Subhiksha, i think so.

1200 for 2GB for M2 is great price.

The same for 2GB in Sony World Or Sandisk website shoots to 2.0-2.5k

Last edited:
OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
2-2.5K :shock: wth? I thought original wont cost more than 1200-300 range :|

it is almost impossible to tell it is fake or not :oops: So,this 700rupees m2 may be fake:?: these ppl are saying they getting M2's from gulf and are very confident in claiming it is original :confused:

yeah.I got a a/c with TE forums.will try there.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Original memory cards would come in a sealed package, would carry a bill and warranty. Duplicate cards would have neither of these and are suspiciously inexpensive.

Pathik

Google Bot
Praka, seriously try the fake ones. They are cheap and do the work. Never had a problem wit em.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
yeah, specially SanDisk products like Memory Sticks Pro Duo, Memory Stick Micro usually come with a 5 year warranty.
@Praka
I suppose Rs 1200 to 1500/- is an ideal cost for an original Memory Stick Micro.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
Praka, seriously try the fake ones. They are cheap and do the work. Never had a problem wit em.
hmm...:!:

@thelordrrulzzz: yeah.I think this sticks comes with warranty.will have to verify that.
silly me!:twisted: forgot to ask about warranty.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hey I remembered a sony or sandisk(dont remember which one) website where you type the serial number of the stick and they tell you if its original or not. It was around 2 years ago. I dont remember the website though...

And the fake ones work great, 2 GB is 1000 here in Chennai.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Now prices should have come down for fakes.
Because a TAX for these flash chips was taken down.

4GB pen drivers since then sell at 700 Instead of 1800.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

If you are not using them for PSP or similar gadget , but for mobiles you can take risk of using the fake oness , as sometimes it gives curroupt data error for some file but later starts wotking again . I dont think this is a big deal if you are storing mp3's on your phones mem card.

Orignal ones are real costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom