memory stick for my SE W810i.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsenthil

Broken In
Hello Guys,

I am planning to buy a memory stick for my SE W810i. I have a few questions on the same.

1. wat is the Cost of 1GB and 2GB memory stick?
2. will the phone become slower with these cards?.
3. Where can we get them in Blore ? (other than sony world, as they are very expensive)
4. Wat are the things I should be aware of before buying the same.

Any help/pointers on the above queries will be highly appreiciated.

Cheers,
Senthil Gopalan

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
1) Cost differs from city to city. i bought my Sandisk Memory Stick pro duo for K750i for Rs 1500, genuine

2) No

3) Don't know, sony world is prefered cos it is genuine. U don't buy a card everyday so don't mind paying a bit more for genuine.

4) Don't buy fake cards which usually come in open packaging. The real package is sealed, & also take the warrenty card & bill

OP
G

gsenthil

Broken In
gx_saurav said:
1) Cost differs from city to city. i bought my Sandisk Memory Stick pro duo for K750i for Rs 1500, genuine

Thnx for the info provided. watz the capacity of the memory stick u purchased. where did u buy them , coz 1500/- for a sandisk looks really cheap.

Pathik

Google Bot
it must be 512mb...
1. take fake cards
2. no
3. dunno
4. rely on uir luck if u r getting a fake card

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Hmmmmmmm. Another card issue.

1] I agree with saurav. Cost varies from city to city. I don't agree with Pathik. Don't go for fake one. It might cost you less but will cost you more in the runtime.

2] It won't slow your mobile unless you you use it like trash bin. I mean keep the files in the memory card organized.they shouldn't be too much scattered.

3] other than Sony-World try mobile retail chains or some reputed mobile reseller. they might charge you more (Rs.100-200). But they give you a valid bill and more peace of mind. Since I'm not from Bangalore i can't give the name of any specific shop. try searching around MG Marg or whatever it is called.

4] Don't agree with saurav. Fake cards doesn't mean they come in open package. I've seen some fake cards whose packaging is equally good to the original one and sometimes better. Go for a reputed shop. That reduces the chance of a fake card. Check your bill and other documents and also check your warranty before buying.

saikibryan

Journeyman
1> 1gb mem stik pro duo sony 5000/- @sonyworld in kolkata...(abt 8mnths old price)
2> w810i won't slow down coz of memory expansion...i've seen one of my friend bought 2 gb mem stick wit 810i...
3> except sony world try newhere else...
4> don't go for fake ones...buy a sealed pack, with of course warranty...

tight lines

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can also get non genuine mem sticks with 1 yr warranty and its lil costlier than cheap fake but lower than Sandisk. It will be written Sony instead os Sandisk.
One of my friend bought 2GB one for 2.6k with 1yr warranty. Perfomance is same as the bundled 512 one.
Fake cheap one can be bought at as cheap as 2GB @ 1.3k or even less. Im using one of them for over an year and no problems yet.

OP
G

gsenthil

Broken In
Hello guys,

Thanks for ur replies....I had been to national market and other near by places in blore to get myself a memory stick...... To my shock, I saw them selling the same starting from Rs 900/- to 2500/-.......

I could not make out the diff between the original and the dulpicate (the looked exactly the same....) did not want to risk buying a 2500/- one, as it can well be a 900/- one....... and I am pretty sure the 900/- one will not last for long..

I guess, I will ask one of frnd to get a 2 GB sandisk one from U.S.. :)

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
For Fake,

Buy with Red Patch (Hight Density) - it's called PS2 Memory - Better than Plain Black shaded Memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom