Memory Kits for OCing

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I have shortlisted a few but unsure about which to choose.

Other suggestions are most welcome.

They have to be 2 x 4gb kits. Budget is undecided.

Will purchase online or locally, whichever is advisable ( or cheaper ). :razz:

GSKILL 4GB X 2 DDR3 Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - Best value, but limited potential(?)

GSKILL 4GB X 2 DDR3 Ripjaws X F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL - Most inclined towards this.

GSKILL 4GB X 2 DDR3 Trident X F3-19200C10D-8GTX - Fancy looks, but performance doesnt impress.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The 2nd one is the best in my opinion. Corsair Vengeance LP 2133 MHz 8GB Kit is currently priced at 4.6K in Vedant Computer whereas G-Skill one is available at just 200 bucks higher price. G-Skill RipjawX overclocks better and can run at tighter cache latency than Vengeance Modules. So, opt for that.

tkin

Back to school!!
The second one is best, no use going for the third one, in this regard I'd like to pint out Gskill rams have serious rma issues, and if it borks you may have to send it to some other location like mumbai etc or to techshop.in as there are around 3 distris importing Gskill and each won't service others ram and no official service center, so buy from kolkata only, if you want peace of mind get Vengeance 2133 8GB LP Kit, they work just as good and have the best rma support.

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
The 2nd one is the best in my opinion. Corsair Vengeance LP 2133 MHz 8GB Kit is currently priced at 4.6K in Vedant Computer whereas G-Skill one is available at just 200 bucks higher price. G-Skill RipjawX overclocks better and can run at tighter cache latency than Vengeance Modules. So, opt for that.

Sticking to the 2nd gskill modules. Thanks for the price tip. Gonna check it out from vedant this weekend.

The second one is best, no use going for the third one, in this regard I'd like to pint out Gskill rams have serious rma issues, and if it borks you may have to send it to some other location like mumbai etc or to techshop.in as there are around 3 distris importing Gskill and each won't service others ram and no official service center, so buy from kolkata only, if you want peace of mind get Vengeance 2133 8GB LP Kit, they work just as good and have the best rma support.

Gskill's are easier to push. Thats why I shortlisted only gskills.
Corsair may have better service but gskill provides comparatively better performance. Same reason why we still choose asus despite rashi,digicomp,etc etc.
Will say a little prayer before i buy the gskills. :razz:

Cilus

laborare est orare
In Kolkata, tirupati provides service for G-Skill Rams. Please contact Sumon for the final price. Recently he has received couple of products from them for review and might be able to help you regarding price and clarify the warranty issues.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Want to buy RAM mainly for OC'ing purpose?
Import one of these:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model MV-3V4G3/US (4 GB)
or
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model MV-3V4G3D/US (8 GB)

I really don't know how much they can overclock, but I do know that it can do 2133 8-98-24 @1.54V.
Rated RAM voltage is 1.65V. So I guess it can even be pushed beyond 2300MHz.

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Not so enthusiastic as to importing things.

Trying to manage the best I can domestically and within my budget.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
In Kolkata, tirupati provides service for G-Skill Rams. Please contact Sumon for the final price. Recently he has received couple of products from them for review and might be able to help you regarding price and clarify the warranty issues.

what does he do??

OP
Myth

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Is there any substantial advantage in using a higher frequency ram down clocked to 1600mhz, keeping in mind the (almost) 1.5k price difference.

Top Bottom