memory dumping while surfing the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuala77

Broken In
i get a bsod that ays memory dumping...i have reinstalled my os serveral time.........no use...i am using 256*2 dual channel ddr 333 running at 166 mhz.....can it be because of my ram.....

phatratt

In the zone
even i had expirenced mem dump several times while browsing the net.try running antivirus for viruses.Else,format the drive and then install the O/S.

countrock

Broken In
zuala ehy have u made 3 topics? for hte same question??

the problem is maybe dust/dirty in the slots in wich you but the ram
just take them out adn clean the ram and slot..also be caeful not to discharge you statis to it..wich may blow 1 of the ram modules.

to test the ram..try putting 1 chip at a time in different slots to c if it fails.

let me know wat happened.

also specify the make of ram and mobo/cpu

OP
Z

zuala77

Broken In
thanks...i have cleaned the slots and exchange the slots in which the ram were....... and i am observing it and using the net as hard as i can...its been 6 hours now...i hope it will be okay ...i am using a blitz...ddr-333 and running in 166 mhz 256*2 dual channel...besides how much doe a 512 ddr 400 cost or 1 gb of ram...

OP
Z

zuala77

Broken In
ram

okay everything seems to be allright now...i changed the slots and i took out one memory...it seems to be okay...so is it the slot or the ram....one slot is still empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom