Meet the latest Windows Phone incarnation, iOS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrishi

I will prefer if we get phones with variety of UIs , rather than all of them looking alike.

quagmire

Allllright !

No wonder comments are disabled for that video.

"Perfected" "Improved" my a$$. Can't stop LOLing at Apple's pathetic ads lately!

Krow

Crowman
Fragmentation
Not all iOS 7 features will be coming to older iDevices - GSMArena.com news

That isn't fragmentation. I believe the term refers to custom skins by every manufacturer and updates being the responsibility of the carrier/manufacturer. A direct effect of fragmentation is lack of timely updates.

iPhone 4 doesn't have Siri, same way some features won't be available for 4S now. AirDrop should have been there for all iPhones though.

To be fair to Apple, the hardware on older iPhones may not have been able to support those features without Performance/battery issues.

rosx4uj

Broken In
No doubt many people are disappoint to see innovative things in iOS 7. Many people are reviewing these new features in iOS7 as copy from other popular OS's. And its harmful for a organization like Apple which claims itself innovation leader till date in smart devices field.

Clearly we can miss Steve Jobs at Apple company side.

Krow

Crowman
Meh. They built the new look from ground up in seven months. They'll refine it in upcoming versions, worry not.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Meh. They built the new look from ground up in seven months. They'll refine it in upcoming versions, worry not.

How would ground-up work look surprisingly similar to existing UIs?

Maybe their code is from the ground up, but I doubt that the design is.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
iOS7 is a well-polished UI based on successful features of existing UIs.
I wonder why they still tell iOS7 is a revolutionary iOS.

Krow

Crowman
How would ground-up work look surprisingly similar to existing UIs?

Maybe their code is from the ground up, but I doubt that the design is.

I don't think you know what the term means. Ground up means they started from scratch. It's radically different from iOS 6, and hence it is built from ground up. It's always relative to your last product. FIFA 07 was built from ground up with a new engine, even though it looked similar to PES 7.

-———-------------------------------------

All smartphone platforms borrow from each other.

Android copied from iOS for years, but forum members saw that as Android catching up. :lol: Windows Phone comes up with a fresh UI that borrowed from iOS (navigation, transitions, restrictions on file transfer, tight grip on updates), but will now get a notification centre, among other Android features. No one's complaining. :)

So most of this "Android rockszszzzz" crowd will whine about iOS showing signs of age and will whine when they borrow from others to evolve. Nice. :p

I know iOS and Apple are facing major challenges. Google is getting better at products far faster than Apple is at services. Apple Maps is still woeful in India. Siri isn't as good as Google Now. Those are valid criticisms. I'd like to see more of that and less of this whining and general fanboy trash.

Now with the exchange offer for iPhone 4, many people in my office have bought it for 19k and most upgraded from Android phones. I don't hear a single complaint about the phone from them. All are very happy with a three year old iPhone. These users are not tech savvy at all, and they will love the new iOS when it launches, I'm sure. Every other week someone in office comes to me and says that their Android/BB is slow and hangs. One guy's Xperia Z has become laggy, and others have pretty decent Android phones (10k and above). Two of my bosses have iPad 1 and 2 and a third is using iPhone 3GS. Both are running smooth even now, just like the iPhones.

For these Android users, clearing up the internal memory, cache, and other nonsense is cumbersome. They don't want to do it and I don't blame them. Phones should just work. I don't see that happening with Android yet. Even WP8 is getting there, and to some extent Nexus 4 is too. Not the rest of the Androids though.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I don't think you know what the term means. Ground up means they started from scratch. It's radically different from iOS 6, and hence it is built from ground up. It's always relative to your last product. FIFA 07 was built from ground up with a new engine, even though it looked similar to PES 7.

-———-------------------------------------

All smartphone platforms borrow from each other.

Android copied from iOS for years, but forum members saw that as Android catching up. :lol: Windows Phone comes up with a fresh UI that borrowed from iOS (navigation, transitions, restrictions on file transfer, tight grip on updates), but will now get a notification centre, among other Android features. No one's complaining. :)

So most of this "Android rockszszzzz" crowd will whine about iOS showing signs of age and will whine when they borrow from others to evolve. Nice. :p

I know iOS and Apple are facing major challenges. Google is getting better at products far faster than Apple is at services. Apple Maps is still woeful in India. Siri isn't as good as Google Now. Those are valid criticisms. I'd like to see more of that and less of this whining and general fanboy trash.

Now with the exchange offer for iPhone 4, many people in my office have bought it for 19k and most upgraded from Android phones. I don't hear a single complaint about the phone from them. All are very happy with a three year old iPhone. These users are not tech savvy at all, and they will love the new iOS when it launches, I'm sure. Every other week someone in office comes to me and says that their Android/BB is slow and hangs. One guy's Xperia Z has become laggy, and others have pretty decent Android phones (10k and above). Two of my bosses have iPad 1 and 2 and a third is using iPhone 3GS. Both are running smooth even now, just like the iPhones.

For these Android users, clearing up the internal memory, cache, and other nonsense is cumbersome. They don't want to do it and I don't blame them. Phones should just work. I don't see that happening with Android yet. Even WP8 is getting there, and to some extent Nexus 4 is too. Not the rest of the Androids though.

Well, I hate all three, so MeeGo/ Salfish OS and Symbian are the only choices for me :p I found my mom's Galaxy Note 1 to be a PITA to use (the UI itself was a pain and the large screen didn't help).

And fact of the day is, almost all OSes took many things already present in Symbian S60 during their launches (except the UI probably) :p

I never have to do those cumbersome tasks on my N8. It's always performing the same. And a reboot clears all problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom