Mech keyboard on gaming lappys

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Listen buddy, you're not fooling anybody here. It's obvious that you work for MSI, so stop these marketing posts and contact the forum admins if you wanna advertise your stuff.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
A gaming laptop should have a GTX 960m with FHD screen atleast if it costs 75k+ regardless of the accessories, keyboard or networking "features" it offers.

Else it'll just be a fancy overpriced mid range laptop.

Also, a laptop with DDR3 940m/950m shouldn't be called a gaming laptop and not be priced over 50-55k if any OEM wants to be a good competition to Lenovo/Asus/HP

iPlay

Journeyman
Listen buddy, you're not fooling anybody here. It's obvious that you work for MSI, so stop these marketing posts and contact the forum admins if you wanna advertise your stuff.

Hahahaha

MSI needs such thing for Marketing.

Admin please look into this. Even I doubt that person.

A gaming laptop should have a GTX 960m with FHD screen atleast if it costs 75k+ regardless of the accessories, keyboard or networking "features" it offers.

Else it'll just be a fancy overpriced mid range laptop.

Also, a laptop with DDR3 940m/950m shouldn't be called a gaming laptop and not be priced over 50-55k if any OEM wants to be a good competition to Lenovo/Asus/HP

And it should last for years not for few days :(

I wonder if any Indian has ever bought a MSI Gaming laptop. I mean, why would they? Even in the USA where these laptops are much cheaper and the people have more buying power, they call these MSI laptops OVERPRICED and not worth purchasing AT ALL.
MSI thinks they can pull off the "Alienware" trick and convince people into buying their machines for its "brand value". Brand value my ar$e.

iPlay

Journeyman
I wonder if any Indian has ever bought a MSI Gaming laptop. I mean, why would they? Even in the USA where these laptops are much cheaper and the people have more buying power, they call these MSI laptops OVERPRICED and not worth purchasing AT ALL.
MSI thinks they can pull off the "Alienware" trick and convince people into buying their machines for its "brand value". Brand value my ar$e.

I'm that one person who bought MSI Laptop :( And within 10days of purchased had to sent it for RMA.
Got replacement today after struggling for a month :( It was a mental torture to me everyday.
MSI service is very poor in India coz of Aforeserve. MSI Representative's from Taiwan tries their best to sort out things ASAP but Aforeserve makes it worse over here.

At end I'm bit happy to get a full laptop swap but still tensed whether this should last long or not after the horrible experience with previous unit.

[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] Please take the feedback seriously otherwise the day is not far when we have to say GoodBye to MSI in India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm that one person who bought MSI Laptop :( And within 10days of purchased had to sent it for RMA.
Got replacement today after struggling for a month :( It was a mental torture to me everyday.
MSI service is very poor in India coz of Aforeserve. MSI Representative's from Taiwan tries their best to sort out things ASAP but Aforeserve makes it worse over here.

At end I'm bit happy to get a full laptop swap but still tensed whether this should last long or not after the horrible experience with previous unit.

@rhyansy Please take the feedback seriously otherwise the day is not far when we have to say GoodBye to MSI in India.

Specifications and price please?

Also, did they extend the warranty by an entire month given extremely slow service?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Same model - GE60 2QE Apache pro.
Price ? [It was RMA]
I bought it for 1L with extra 8gb RAM upgrade.

No. Will ask them to do it.

100k for 960M :facepalm:

You could've bought an azom lappy with 970M. Heck, you probably would've got it with 120 GB M.2 SSD too.

I say instead of asking for a warranty increment, ask them to replace the laptop with a 980M model + 120 GB Samsung 850 Evo M2 SSD. New laptop shouldn't go bad within days of purchase and neither the RMA period should be this long.

Edit: Also ask for 100$ steam credit.

Last edited:

iPlay

Journeyman
100k for 960M :facepalm:

You could've bought an azom lappy with 970M. Heck, you probably would've got it with 120 GB M.2 SSD too.

I say instead of asking for a warranty increment, ask them to replace the laptop with a 980M model + 120 GB Samsung 850 Evo M2 SSD. New laptop shouldn't go bad within days of purchase and neither the RMA period should be this long.

Edit: Also ask for 100$ steam credit.

There quote was 1.06L with 6GB GFX else same. Opted for MSI by considering the Brand name :banghead:

Don't you think its much to ask. But will definitely ask Warranty upgrade but I don't think I would be getting it easily as for replacement I had to call/skype, mail them everyday. Its very much Horrible service in India. I was about to head to Consumer court but things very sorted out. Its an very expensive laptop, they should take things seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

To be frank keeping the service and previous experience aside, I'm pretty much happy again with the Laptop. Its awesome machine IF IT LASTS.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
There quote was 1.06L with 6GB GFX else same. Opted for MSI by considering the Brand name :banghead:

Don't you think its much to ask. But will definitely ask Warranty upgrade but I don't think I would be getting it easily as for replacement I had to call/skype, mail them everyday. Its very much Horrible service in India. I was about to head to Consumer court but things very sorted out. Its an very expensive laptop, they should take things seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

To be frank keeping the service and previous experience aside, I'm pretty much happy again with the Laptop. Its awesome machine IF IT LASTS.

IIRC azom had 970m while MSI 960m

960M~= 750TI
970M= 75% GTX 970 ~= GTX 960

They'll try to bargain with the warranty increment too I guess so its good to start at a higher level. :p (give me 50$ steam credit if you get 100$ :p )

As for the bold part, MSI is Apple wannabe. Apple doesn't gives a crap about customer.

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale

[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] Please take the feedback seriously otherwise the day is not far when we have to say GoodBye to MSI in India.

I think who you are now by the details described. Thank you for being patient with us. If you need anything in future, directly contact with me. You got my details.

- - - Updated - - -

Same model - GE60 2QE Apache pro.
Price ? [It was RMA]
I bought it for 1L with extra 8gb RAM upgrade.

No. Will ask them to do it.

You got the extension and your replacement is brand new. Keep your new invoice.

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
could be rhyansy with multiple IDs. Hahhaa

For your info, I got only 1 account. Am tired of seeing all these negativity. When people post about other brands, no one is trolling. Have did my best to promote, if nobody cares here, then might be time to pack bags and abandon this place.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
For your info, I got only 1 account. Am tired of seeing all these negativity. When people post about other brands, no one is trolling. Have did my best to promote, if nobody cares here, then might be time to pack bags and abandon this place.

Don't you think MSI is trolling by overpricing by a lot here just for extra "features" that may or may not affect gaming performance? Also not offering international warranty for laptops bought from USA (Alienware and Asus provide them by default, Clevo got a reseller here so can directly buy it from Azom)?

Who calls a laptop with 940M a gaming laptop? :facepalm:

We already know about how overpriced Alienware used to be and how it has learned its lesson. Asus prices ROG series here absurdly too and most of them aren't launched. Then there is Azom which uses clevo barebones and prices them right at the sweet spot.

Tell me why should I recommend anything else from MSI especially when its overpriced by 20k atleast? It's not like the laptop is made from kevlar or carbon fibre to prevent damage to body neither the screen is made from gorilla glass 4 or sapphire glass to prevent scratches, nor it includes a Xbox one controller with play and charge kit (come on, you should include this instead of those headphones). Recent 4-5 AAA games and/or steam credit would also be good.

We care that's why we criticize. Trust me I could just recommend much underpowered crapple crapbook to everyone just for trolling.

Last edited:

bikramjitkar

In the zone

Nobody here is looking to troll you. This is a tech forum with a discerning user base and you should look at people's complaints as constructive criticism to improve your products.

Also, regarding the multiple ID thing, just check the OP's past posts and it's obvious that he/she is a salesperson making random threads to promote MSI stuff. The mods had banned a similar account earlier. Nothing personal against you since we know you are an official sales rep, but you should advise your staff that such tactics are not appreciated in any tech forum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom