Meaning of DVD component in

Status
Not open for further replies.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Component in/out is a set of three wires that are used to transmit video information. Component out/in supporting devices come with red, yelow and green cables: two carry color information and the third carries luminance/brightness information. Component signals provide much better video quality to the more commonly used single line video transmission, namely composite signal. This is the kind that comes with only one yellow cable.
S-Video is another format of cable that wraps two cables into one cable and is also considered component. It comes in a single balck wire.
Composite has the lowest video quality, whereas s-video and component devices have the best video quality.

If u want to remember, Component carries the components of a pictures (RGB), composite carries a composited signaland s-video is Special.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
hey tx for the info...but so that i understoood prop the jargon, is it tat ter is gonna be a single wire to insert into the tv and the dvd player or there is gonna be 3 different colorfull wires as in the we do from vdc players to tv..

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
DVD component video requires three wores for the video alone. The wires are all color coded to match the tv's input jacks and the video player's output jacks. So, hopefully, you won't be cofused. Audio usually requires two seperate cables. So there must be 5 cables in total.
So both your tv and your player must support the formats. The thing is, use component if available.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
well i am tech challenged in a way..i have seen wires go from a vcd player to a tv and then we watch the movie...but Is it gonna be the same for Dvd player as in vcd player...tis dvd component in was a new term i heard so toght of asking the geeks...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Don't worry, all players have the same interface at the back to match the ones on yout TVs back (unless one of them is foriegn). Since you are new, remember that whether it be dvd or vcd, you only need to connect video and audio cables. You will only be required to make sure that the same kind of jacks are present in tv and player, see if u have the right cable for such jacks.

Maybe others will answer you in a better way, so wait for others if u still are not clear.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
no i got wat u said..but i had never done with a dvd player so was little sckeptical..no hassels..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom