MB-Processor + GPU for upgrade within 20k

Saurav2007

Broken In
Old PC is not working

On a shoestring budget which is the best option such that new config can do basic office work, and some gaming at medium resolutions on a 22 inch lcd

Please provide options for an AMD based and Intel based MB-Processor and GPU combination separately within 15-20k.

Parts which i intend to reuse include a cooler master 310 cabinet, a cooler master 80W bronze 460W PSU, DVD rom and hard disks. Additionally, will buy 4 gb ddr-3 ram

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
you better answer these *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
S

Saurav2007

Broken In
What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Office, browsing. Which kinda games - injustice gods among us, mortal kombat komplete edition, indie titles

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15-20k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: None

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I have hard drives from my previous config

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have 22 inch 1920 X 1080 DVI

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Cabinet (CM-310), PSU (CM 460W Real power? bronze 80W), dvd writer, hard drives

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within one month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:would want to buy offline unless necessary

11. Anything else which you would like to say? Budget is 15-20 excluding 4 gb ddr-3

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Config

Intel Core i3 4130 -6900,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5200,
Sapphire R7 260x 2GB -9500.
TOTAL -21,600.

AMD Config

AMD FX6300 -6700,
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P -5900,
Sapphire R7 260x 2GB -9500.
TOTAL -22,100.

OP
S

Saurav2007

Broken In
Its real power pro 460...yup its still under warranty

Btw, thanks for your responses....Two queries for bavusani

- Usually, AMD builds are cheaper than intel. In this case, do i have any particular advantage with the AMD combo which is almost priced similarly to the intel config

- is there an option for a cheaper graphics card (around 7k).

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
intel i3 does have advantage in single threaded applications and amd fx 6300 is better for multithreaded performance. more and more games are getting multi threaded along with apps which makes an fx 6300 based rig a vfm for your budget. you can get gtx 750 for around 8.4k. it is good and consumes way less power due to the newer maxwell architecture.

Top Bottom