Maxwell thread? Maxwell thread.

TheGibMaker

Level 9 Commissar
Praises be to our benevolent overlord nVidia for bestowing upon us their grace! A GTX 970 can get <50 FPS on W_D, and that too while running off of a 500w PSU! Ridiculous! Your thoughts, fellow green people?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Price will go down [ a little ] for sure .. just give it some time and let more manufacturers flood the market :D

OP
TheGibMaker

TheGibMaker

Level 9 Commissar
unfortunately for us early birds (Will be buying a 970 later this year), nVidia won't cut prices until mid next year or until AMD outperforms it (likely!). And to add insult to the (Rs 30k) injury, it's only Rs20,000 in Europe and North America. And buying on newegg fetches 7-8k in taxes and 3-5k in delivery charges.

smltngs

Broken In
Does it matter whether nvidia cuts prices or not. I think global price cuts don't reflect here in India. I feel GPU prices here only decrease slightly after few months. plz tell me what maybe the approx price reduction I can expect for a 980 after 4 months

funfex

Journeyman
Asus Strix price droped to 30k on Primeabgb :p..... but its still like 3-4k over priced. Asus official statement was 26k+taxes...how much is the taxes on these things??

Innocent Lies

Broken In
It's crazy that it costs nearly 10K more in India. At 20K, the price its available in US, it's a solid deal. Probably will ask someone to get it from the US. International warranty will be available I presume?

amjath

Human Spambot
^No, only EVGA gives international warranty I guess

I checked ASUS for international warranty by call they areasking for serial numbe to validate :(

BTW checked Zauba.com for GTX 970 and found that some brand is imported for ~17k, what would be the first and third [strike]second[/strike] row brand from the link

*www.zauba.com/import-gtx-970-hs-code.html

- - - Updated - - -

As per the per unit price they should sell for atleast 21k

sniperz1

Journeyman
I don't think they will drop the prices of 970 as low as 21k.
As far as I know only 2 brands of gtx 970 are currently being sold in India zotac and asus. So it could be the zotac

Top Bottom