****Max Payne 3 at E3****

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
*img260.echo.cx/img260/9379/imhjages7qg.jpg
Remedy, makers of the stylish Max Payne franchise, send word confirming that it will be showing off their next game at E3 next month from ATI's booth, plus announced that they are self funding the title.

After the completion of Max Payne 2, there has been a continuous, active interest towards Remedy's next title from both the press and the gamers. So far the developer has remained silent and kept a strict focus on the pre-production of a new game franchise of their own design.

Petri Jarvilehto, Lead Game Designer, comments on the company's silence: "Focus is important to us, we want to minimize distractions and to concentrate on making the best possible game. We felt that now would be the perfect time to give everyone a first look of what we've been up to. Once we get back from E3 we will pull down the shades, close the doors and get back to work."

Remedy is currently self-funding the new title. "For a small, independent developer we are in a rare position of being able to maintain our own vision of what a perfect game is about. We are uncompromising and passionate about our work," says Jarvilehto, and continues, "Our previous games have been successful, gamers have come to expect a lot from us, so there is a lot of positive pressure as well. We are thrilled to show what we have been up to since the Max Payne games."

The game is targeted for the next generation of consoles and PCs. The release date has not been announced.

"Having worked with Remedy extensively in the past, we knew that the development of their next title was focused on creating the ultimate gaming experience," says Michael Smith worldwide developer relations manager at ATI. "When we previewed the title at Game Developers Conference, we were blown away by its advanced graphics technologies. It's going to be one of the most talked about titles at this year's E3!"

News source: IGN

:D :D :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Wait a minute. Is that E3 2005 or E3 2006? Did I read it wrong when Sourabh posted about the game then? I thought he wrote E3 2006! Anyways, 2005 E3 showing will be even better. strange I couldnt find anything last night when I searched for Max Payne 3. All that I could find was that Remedy wouldn't be devloping the next MP game and it would be handed over to some other devloper by Rockstar.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Man! After HL2 and DoomIII there is a games galore! I think Max Payne 3 will be featuring even more realism than any other games around...

G

gxsaurav

hmM, link at neowin

*www.neowin.net/comments.php?category=gamers&id=28084

Last news I got, the engine is new, made compleately in DirectX 9c, hmm, good physics with storyline = Oscar for Gaming goes to Max Payne 3

hmm, Mona sax is dead, now whose coming

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Question time...and a spoiler too, so beaware.

Mona Sax, as we know, didn't die in the alternate ending of Max Payne 2. So what do you guys think? Will we see her again in MP3? Or will Remedy choose to continue from the ending where she did get killed?

Also any speculations on what the story line could be? Max has already killed or lost almost each and every one known to him. What possible angle can the story take now?

NikhilVerma

Padawan
That's what I was gonna say...

Mona Sax is not dead... Maybe she will become a villian... Or some new villain will be introduced...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
lets hope they follow the real ending , mona sax is better dead , i'll like to some new char in the new game .

the dead only rise again in ekta kapoor's saas bahu crap

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Although I agree with tarey, still hearing her sexy sultry voice one more time over powers me. Hopefully she rises again and I surely hope she doesn't turn out tobe a villain!

As for the story speculation, read one somewhere in some Max Payne fan forum that could make for an outrageous game! It was like Payne wakes up from a Valkyr induced dream in which he realises that all along he had been hallucinating! Under the influence of valkyr, he himself finsihed off his family and then went on a killing spree, all thetime dreaming up his version of story that made the first and second game! Whew!

EDIT: Damn, I re-read the post again and then the article on Gamespot. The game they would be showing off is not MP3! Man, I am dissapointed!

While many would have presumed that the game will be part three in the Max Payne series, other hard evidence suggests otherwise. Though Max Payne 3 has been confirmed by publisher Take-Two Interactive, the announcement of the game mentioned nothing about a developer. Adding to the doubt is a clear message on Remedy's Web site. Just beneath the company's logo and name reads a simple statement, apparently directed at inquisitive minds regarding Remedy's next game: "It'll be something new."
Source: Gamespot

T

Tux

MP3 will not be realesed soon. Though everybody
liked MP2 it ccaused huge financiall loss

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Thanks Techno. :)

MP2 indeed wasen't as successful as it was assumed to be, though it gained critical acclaim. Rockstar did blame the game for some of it's losses yet I don't think it's a wise idea on its part to take the game away from it's original devlopers, i.e. Remedy and give it to some one else. I wonder what was the logic behind such a move.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@tux , mp2 was not a huge financial loss , it was a profit gaining title for pulishers as well as developers , the only thing it was less profitable than mp1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom