Many questions : HP Pavilion dv9623ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeked

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I want ot purchase the HP Pavilion dv9623ca Notebook PC.

*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN

but before i buy i need your opinion. I have been shopping around and this is probably the best Notebook i can get for my price range.

First off i know my way around a Deskptop PC no problem but... i know nothing about Notebooks.

Here are my many questions.

1- Would the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M (UMA) be fast enough to play games like Call of Duty 4?
2- Is it possible to upgrade this video card to something better. I have a Dell at home and i found out after i bought it that i could not upgrade the video card... i learned the hard way.

Hummmm... finally i only hade 2 questions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

S.

slugger

Banned
1. Since ur GPU is a onboard one and not a decicated card, i doubt if it will be able to play COD4. Even if it does, it shud b more of a crawl than playbel framtrates

2. rplacing d GPU, if possible, can b done only form the respective Company.
so ask ur vendor about its replaciblity with sumthin better (very few Cos/models have this option tho)

ksvprasad

Broken In
This is a good Notebook, but the Video card does not have dedicated memory and it isn't a 3D Graphics card that supports Pixel Shader etc. So, it is not really suitable to play high end 3D games. And speaking of that, most Notebooks/Laptops are not good enough for playing high end games.

You cannot upgrade the video card of any of the HP Notebooks except for the HDX series as the Video card is an integrated chipset on the motherboard and there is no option to upgrade the card.

Hope this helps you in your purchase. But, this s a good Notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom