MANIPULATION OF POSTPAID BIILS : any laws ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
guys ,
is there any laws regarding inflation of bills by a telecome companies by the way of manipulation of there billing softwares or hardwares ?
didn't TRAI had laws regarding random checks of these companies's software systems ?

because technically it's not big task to manipulate softwares in such a way , by companies !

i am a user of Airtel's landline and reliace's postpaid connections and i had strong doubt that airtel used to track the pattern of user's calls last months and then adding freequently dialled numbers in latest bills
and i had also observed that if even if reliance somehow charges for missed calls too , even if person on other side don't ppick up ?

din

Tribal Boy
@mohit sharma

I know it will be a tedious task and may not be a good idea. But if you can take note of every call you make, for say 1 week or so, and then by calling them and knowing the unbilled amount, you will be able to know whether they charge you more.

OP
mohit sharma

mohit sharma

Journeyman
din said:
@mohit sharma

I know it will be a tedious task and may not be a good idea. But if you can take note of every call you make, for say 1 week or so, and then by calling them and knowing the unbilled amount, you will be able to know whether they charge you more.

on that basis only i am noticing this , one person i was talking to for 3months and suddenly there was no further need to talk anymore , still in the billing of next month , i got the list of calls which i never made to him !!!
argument with airtel's staff didn't work too as they stressed that number is ur known one and system had recorded it only ......

hailgautam

Youngling
These telecom companies do get their billing systems etc audited - mostly by some big4 accounting firms. I am not sure if they (big4 firms) are not being fooled by these telecom co.s.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Very common problem will no solution as of now...!!
And it is all the more prominent with postpaid landline phones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom