Mandrake & Windows XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
I have installed linux thrice in my computer but all the time my windows crashed and I had to re-install windows. I want mandrake on my computer which i got free from the Digit DVD. Please give the way of installing from the starting of computer. Means Linux and Windows XP. Please help. Ya ! I will also rebuild drives and their should be four hdd drives. :?:

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
There's no reason why Windows XP would misbehave on installing Mandrake.

And what do you mean by rebuilding drivers?

grub

Broken In
do you know the basics of linux (i,e partition table) if yes then reply me , i will give you the full details to you

hafees

In the zone
what type of problem with windows XP? wheter grub is starting or not? or grub2 hangs in stage2? if it is the problem may be with the /boot partition. In some(infact most - if it is more than 2 yrs old) there is a bios limitation. there is a 1024 cylinders limit to the bios (remember, this limit applies even if ur bios is able to detect a 40 GB hard disk). the bios can't boot from a partition that is beyond the 1024 cylinders. (1st 8 GB). So make sure u choose the first 50 mb or so as the /boot.
also read this topic
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17282

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
grub said:
do you know the basics of linux (i,e partition table) if yes then reply me , i will give you the full details to you

Yes, I know the procedure of partion table a little not a lot. Plz help

demoninside

In the zone
I think Mandrake is the most user friendly distro,
If u say installing it cozing some prob, then it`s not linux but it`s u who is createing probs,
guy just dont worry, nd install it,
if u find some trouble then write with the complete details so all the guys out here can help u out.

sourav said:
I have installed linux thrice in my computer but all the time my windows crashed and I had to re-install windows. I want mandrake on my computer which i got free from the Digit DVD. Please give the way of installing from the starting of computer. Means Linux and Windows XP. Please help. Ya ! I will also rebuild drives and their should be four hdd drives. :?:

what r the problems u r facing, i had used mandriva for a long time i never had any problem,what kind of installation u did,did u write grub to mbr,what is all about rebuilding drivers,are u going to program device drivers on your own,u can have n number of hdds,

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
I think GRUB has some problem. Anyone can send files of GRUB in a zip to me. If yes, then I will say my e-mail add in forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom