Magenta color missing in printer

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I have a year and half old Canon Pixma G1000 printer. I use it to take colored prints for like 6-7 prints in 10-15 days. From the past couple of days it is printing photos in greenish tint. The black portion of a print has colored lines like these-
*www.upl.co/uploads/Black-Lines1565077056.jpg

The ink tanks are like 50% full, the original ink which came with the printer. I didn't had to refill them at any point.
Printed a nozzle check pattern by pressing the reset button for 2 flash lights on the power button, see result-
*www.upl.co/uploads/Cleaning1565077021.jpg

Cleaned the nozzle twice by pressing the reset button for 1 flash lights on the power button. Deep cleaned by following the steps here-
Canon : PIXMA Manuals : G1000 series : Cleaning the Print Heads

So, in a nutshell Magenta color is not printing. Canon's service centre is a big a$$ ch*tiya in my city, refer to this- Canon service centre misbehaving
They said since its oow so 1000+gst as visiting charges, 1000 inspection charges then part charges. I told them to fck off. They remember me as last time I sent a mail to their head office in Japan. Since it is oow so the service centre head said that they can charge any amount as they want.

I really don't trust the independent printer repair guys/shops here. One of them said that the printhead needs to be replaced, cost 4500-5000. While some other said there is no printhead in this model, the cartridge needs to be changed, cost 3500-4000. Both said that it will take 2 minutes to replace the said part. The original parts should be available in the market. Can we clean/rectify the part ourselves? In any case it is like 50-60% amount of the original cost of the printer.

P.S. If someone is buying a colored printer, then open YT before purchasing and buy the one which has the cheapest parts available+which is easy to be replaced.

Thanks

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Try with a spare cartridge, otherwise, take the cartridge to a repair guy and try to print using it.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Try with a spare cartridge, otherwise, take the cartridge to a repair guy and try to print using it.
Is this the one?
Canon PIXMA G1000 Print Head: Color Cartridge | CA92 | QY6-8007- Printer Point
So, cartridge and printhead are the same. What is the reason of going this printhead kaput? I mean the printing is very very less.

Exactly the same problem as mine, but I don't have spare ink as he injects at 5:30. Is it necessary?
One more video

Very hard to get a syringe these days here. If you guys get your hands on any other similar video then please let me know.

Seems like a classic case fo dried up ink/blocked cartridge nozzle. The easiest fix is to get a new cartridge, which might be expensive. Always check cartridge prices/volume before buying a printer & never buy the cheapest printer.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Seems like a classic case fo dried up ink/blocked cartridge nozzle. The easiest fix is to get a new cartridge, which might be expensive. Always check cartridge prices/volume before buying a printer & never buy the cheapest printer.

I don't think this can be done DIY.

Wouldn't that thing via an injection work from the video? I was hoping it would, was trying to get hold of an injection. IDK from where to source a genuine Canon cartridge, any help? BTW what is the main reason for a blocked cartridge?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea about this.I doubt it will be possible to replicate what was shown in the video without help from someone with experience in such matters(like some repair shop guy).
*www.amazon.in/Ink-Cartridges-Canon-Inks-Toners/s?rh=n:1375323031,p_89:Canon

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
No idea about this.I doubt it will be possible to replicate what was shown in the video without help from someone with experience in such matters(like some repair shop guy).
*www.amazon.in/Ink-Cartridges-Canon-Inks-Toners/s?rh=n:1375323031,p_89:Canon
Will go for the cartridge as you guys have suggested. Last question, out of those models which is the exact model for the printer? No number is mentioned on the cartridge which is currently installed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will go for the cartridge as you guys have suggested. Last question, out of those models which is the exact model for the printer? No number is mentioned on the cartridge which is currently installed.
Try searching by exact printer model no. followed by cartridge in google.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yup, the truth of printer market. As i said earlier, never buy cheapest printer. 5k printer are decent value. Compared to 2k printers, 5k printers usually have cartridges with higher volume, so cheaper in the long run.
I bought it for 9200.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@whitestar_999 @patkim @Desmond David @anupam_pb

Hi Guys,
Got this error few hours back

Printer Error.jpg

Ran cleaning
*ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/G2000 series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_cleaning.html
It prints a test page with the display lines, all were well. So, didn't proceed.
Bottom of this page shows ink levels
*ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/G2000 series/EN/ERR/5200.html
*ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G1000 series/EN/BG/bg-ink2500.html
I am presuming if the ink level touches the downward sign then it is time to change it, right? Anyways here are the current levels

Ink Levels (1).jpg

Ink Levels (2).jpg

And here is the result
Print.jpg

Photos or images are printed like they were put under water with colors spread and nothing visible. Any help?
Here are the other specs for this printer
*ph.canon/en/consumer/pixma-g1000/specification?category=printing&subCategory=inkjet-printers

Last time the repair guy told me that all inkjet printers once out of the warranty period are a real pain in the ass. He is right because my friend bought G2000 last year and he has also started to face similar issues after like 14 months.

Is there a reliable colored printer in inkjet? Those laser colored printers, are they reliable and easy to maintain? How much is the ink/cartridge price for the laser one's?

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there any error indicating led flashing on printer as mentioned in that ink level manual?

Forget about buying any non-essential product for next 1-2 months. Can't even search amazon/flipkart for product pages.

Top Bottom