Macbook Pro display not working....External display works fine!

vinitnxt

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

This is my first post in digit forum. Hope somebody will be able to help me. Here's my problem...

I've bought MacBookpro 13" unibody mid 2010 model(A1278) in sept 2010. It worked fine for 2 years but now its display doesn't work at all. The display first started blinking on/off for 2-3 days and then it didn't worked at all. I checked with the External display and it works fine on it. The display can also be seen if I bring torch near the display or under sunlight. I took it to a repair shop at Ludhiana,Punjab. They checked the display and said that the problem is with the Logic board and will require replacement. My MBP is not under warranty. I checked with Genius4minds, New delhi(Shop from where I've purchased my MBP), they gave the price for replacement as Rs 34,000(if the problem is not due to water spillage) otherwise it will cost Rs 72,000.

I cannot afford such an exorbitant price for repairing a 2 year old Laptop. What are my options now? Can I be able to sell parts of it?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Selling parts? Next to impossible.
About repairing, you need to sell out the money.
Otherwise, throw that macbook away and buy a new laptop/PC.

OP
V

vinitnxt

Right off the assembly line
The problem is with the logic board and not the display.

Anyways thanks guys...i think i can use it with external display like a desktop.

I really liked apple products for a long time but now i just hate it. The fact that my iPad 1st gen cannot be updated to ios6 is just ridiculous. Apple it seems doesnt value their customers anymore. I would like my hardware to atleast last for 5-6 yrs. Time to switch to microsoft. Its not as flashy but atleast u get value for money. Waiting for Surface.

Top Bottom