MAC & Widows: What if ? A hypothetical question

Read the Question below, making all the assumptions. then answer.

• Windows, ofcourse

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Mac, Definitely

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Screw both.Go for Opensource

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I find it hard to decide

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

detoknight

Broken In
Its a known fact
-Apple's Mac Os is tied to Hardware. i.e you do not get the OS without the whole computer.(unlike windows)
-(note: this is a questionable & debatable point) Practically speaking a windows pc with the same configuration as a MAC is cheaper. (for comparisons see link1 link2. comparisons include os cost)
-The windows platform as more applications & games than the Mac platform.

Here is a hypothetical situation for you:
Assume that
1.) For some crazy reason, even Microsoft decides to marry windows to Hardware (somewhat similar to windows phone 7).
OR if u find that hard to imagine,
Apple decides to sell their OS separately, just like windows , AT THE SAME PRICE .
I find both improbable, but anyway assume.

2.) Now assume both these Windows and Mac Pc's with similar configurations
would cost the same.

3.) say, by some technological breakthrough or something, all the applications & games can be made to work on both Windows & Mac.

Now since, everything would be the same in a win & a Mac pc. EXCEPT the OS,
Here is the Question:
-Answer the poll: Which OS will you Choose & why ?

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
I would like to assume that all applications/games can be made to work in Linux as well. Go Open Source! :D

SaptarshiGhosh

Right off the assembly line
Definitely Windows.
Reasons-
1. Macs are not available as Installation disc in other words they are tied to the hardware
2. Macs are extremely over pricey
3. Mac Books specially Mac Book Pro is a super flop in design and cannot be used for more than a hour (My elder brother owns it)
4. No .NET on Mac so no Rapid Application Development
Future-
1. If Macs reduce their price-----Not Possible at least in a billion years
2. There is a/will be problem of hardware compatibility even if the macs are sold seperately

Krow

Crowman
Definately.
Don't want to be picky, but this is one of the most common mis-spellings on the Internet. It's Definitely. :)

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Definitely Windows.
Reasons-
1. Macs are not available as Installation disc in other words they are tied to the hardware
3. Mac Books specially Mac Book Pro is a super flop in design and cannot be used for more than a hour (My elder brother owns it)
Future-
2. There is a/will be problem of hardware compatibility even if the macs are sold seperately

Read the first post please. It says that you are supposed to vote on the basis of these assumptions:

Apple decides to sell their OS separately, just like windows , AT THE SAME PRICE
say, by some technological breakthrough or something, all the applications & games can be made to work on both Windows & Mac.

OP
detoknight

detoknight

Broken In
Definitely Windows.
Reasons-
Future-

I agree with your last 2 points.but this is a hypothesis game.
Imagine! what i was trying to ask here is, if all the apps were say available to MACs too and if they become cheaper, would you choose it? Im just being fair to MAC here.
the major reasons macs are a minority , is the price and the availability of apps.
See, if these 2 are looked over, you can easily say which OS is better for you.
Which one would you prefer?

I personally would prefer windows too, because
-i am used to it
-people around me are used to it
-more tweaking options (not talking abt tweaking softwares here)
so

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
WTH :lol: Just because YOU can't work or train yourself with Xcode and Objective C with Cocoa framework, and are only LIMITED to .NET and WinForms does not make Windows better :lol: As for a .NET like platform there a cross platform Mono project, you can check that out if you wish to bother. :lol: Heck you can develop with Java with development environment of Eclipse or Netbeans too :lol:
You can't develop in OS X is your fault not the platform problem :lol:

Don't want to be picky, but this is one of the most common mis-spellings on the Internet. It's Definitely

How about Widows? :lol:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as only the Operating System is concerned, nothing comes close to Mac OS X. Period.

For gaming, nothing comes close to Windows.

SaptarshiGhosh

Right off the assembly line
WTH :lol: Just because YOU can't work or train yourself with Xcode and Objective C with Cocoa framework, and are only LIMITED to .NET and WinForms does not make Windows better :lol: As for a .NET like platform there a cross platform Mono project, you can check that out if you wish to bother. :lol: Heck you can develop with Java with development environment of Eclipse or Netbeans too :lol:
You can't develop in OS X is your fault not the platform problem :lol:

@Liverpool_fan: I was taking about Rapid Application Development not rigorous prog. with Java/Obj. C. Yes there is Mono project for open source counterpart of .NET framework but it has license and patent problems.
Check it out here *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_(software)#Mono_and_Microsoft.E2.80.99s_patents .
RAD is necessary when you need some off track task done.

@detoknight: Well, then also I would choose Windows.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
mac is a resource hog bloat...win is over bloatted ...though 7 is fine...linux has many distros...different package managers...though same kernel...bah ...

the main problem is there has to be platform independent application development work shud be easier....with win/mac/linux so many format...computers become complicated

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Windows has loopholes. :p

as if mac is secure...nothing is secure...even linux is hackable...but no one hacks...dont call loophole....cos security is a relative term IMO

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

As far as only the Operating System is concerned, nothing comes close to Mac OS X. Period.

For gaming, nothing comes close to Windows.

dont generalise man...it depends on person to person...some say photoshop rocks on mac...some say urban terror rocks...does that mean linux for gaming:p

Top Bottom