MAC & Widows: What if ? A hypothetical question

Read the Question below, making all the assumptions. then answer.

• Windows, ofcourse

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Mac, Definitely

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Screw both.Go for Opensource

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I find it hard to decide

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
dont generalise man...it depends on person to person...
I'm using three of them at the moment in my room on different machines. I think I'm in a little better position to comment. :p

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

mac is a resource hog bloat...
It boots up in less than 10 seconds and shuts down in less than 4 seconds. :p

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
infra_red_dude said:
Sorry for being direct, but that statement is completely bull$hit!
It is "resource hog", "bloated" on your WALLET :p Apart from that, it is fine. :D

<offtopic>
And btw anyone used Steam and Source based games on Mac OS X? And how is ze performance?
</offtopic>

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

@Liverpool_fan: I was taking about Rapid Application Development not rigorous prog. with Java/Obj. C. Yes there is Mono project for open source counterpart of .NET framework but it has license and patent problems.
Check it out here *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_(software)#Mono_and_Microsoft.E2.80.99s_patents .
RAD is necessary when you need some off track task done.
Mono's patent problems are debatable, Ubuntu and few other distros do bundle Mono Apps, it is not entirely certain it has license and patent problems (potentially it can have and sadly that does put many people off).
And that problem of yours is related only to .NET developers not a generalising statement.
I don't imagine a problem using Eclipse/Net Beans or Xcode (OS X only) for RAD than Visual Studio. The only problem is for .NET developers since they don't get the tools they are familiar with.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Steve: when the last time we were poor?
Bill: i don't remember.
Steve: either me.
Both : hahahaha!

Steve: did you get the Iphone?
Bill: no
Steve: you lier :) . . .
Both : hahahaha!

Top Bottom