Mac OS on your Windows PC using VirtualBox ?

kthanigai

Right off the assembly line
The latest VirtualBox version do support Mac OS, Has anyone tried installing Mac OS over your Windows PC using VirtualBox? Is it worth buying the OS, just incase if this works ? Can anyone share their experience? i.,e. is there any frequent errors, crashes, network, USB ..etc works ? I have Intel core i7 and would like to know if anyone tried and working without any issues ? Thanks in advance for sharing the information.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Well i have a OSX installer which installs the OS on a normal machine... i tried it once on my laptop but then didnt used it for long as it was very slow... a Dual core 1.6 machine and 1 gb ram...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well there are Mac OS "distros" designed run on normal PC. These distros come with patches to make it possible to run in standard PCs. However I cant mention them since that is possibly breaking Forum Rules since it is understood installing OS X on PC is breaking Apple EULA.
However in case you install an (original) OS X on a PC, be sure to buy some Apple stickers so as to put on your PC/Desktop such that, your PC is "APPLE labelled" and you practically don't break Apple EULA. :D :lol:

Well there are Mac OS "distros" designed run on normal PC. These distros come with patches to make it possible to run in standard PCs. However I cant mention them since that is possibly breaking Forum Rules since it is understood installing OS X on PC is breaking Apple EULA.
+1. A little googling will work. Or i should say "Hackintosh"

OP
K

kthanigai

Right off the assembly line
I have installed it in the latest VirtualBox. It works. Follow the instructions from LifeHacker, Particularly close the virtualbox before editing the xml file. Basic things works.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
u will just ruin the apple mac os experience by installing on some crappy machine.

hackintosh is the way but u will end up cursing apple with no multi touch and other basic functions. get a real mac if u wanna have the real feel of the OS.

Mac is awesome, a few days back my neighbour came back from Bangaluru, works in HCL there, he bought a Mac book pro and its awesome!
Its just a little heavy on ur pocket, thats all :))
But for those who just want to test, VMware or Vbox are best solutions to work out :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The problem with running OSx on windows is no one seems to run it for long.Eventually there is always a update which screws the whole setup.Its only a matter of time.
Rather get a mac when you need a mac.

Top Bottom