Mac Book with Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
aryayush said:
Here is official proof:

"Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950" is "Ready for Microsoft Windows Vista".

I hope, though I know it is practically useless, that you think (or at least visit Google) before posting in future.
You are right about GMA 950 running Windows Vista with Aero interface but you did not read gx_saurav and Sourabh's post properly. GMA 950 can dynamically use upto 224MB of RAM as "Video RAM" but as Sourabh already mentioned (I have no idea about it), Apple has somehow locked the chipset to use 64MB as maximum video RAM. This will not fulfill the minimum requirement for using Vista and will definitely give a terrible experience until some BIOS/firmware modification is done so that the Video RAM is increased till 128MB or more.

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Well, Im not that much of a PC Gamer. I use my console most of the time. I only play CS and Flight Simulator on my PC. Well, Im not actually in a hurry. Thats why I've been looking around for options for quiet sometime.

@Sourabh - I cannot go for the Mac Mini as it is definitely not an alternative to my laptop. My purpose is indeed mobility. I carry my laptop to school everyday. We do not use notebooks. Hence, I cannot use the Mac Mini although its an excellent device.

But, I cannot wait until leopard too. Thats too far away. I asked the dealer and he said it will release in India between june and august. That is too far. I need to buy one at least within a month. I dont mind paying for the upgrade to leopard later on.

@Aryayush - That is an amazing price. That amounts to almost 5.5k difference between the 2 cities! Where do you think I can pick up an older version of Macbook pro as you indicated. I really dont care between core 2 duo or core duo. Howmuch do you think it would be?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@goobimama, No, there is no 10K premium. You are conceding to a false allegation and you do not really need to do so just because these guys keep hammering the point.
Only HP makes a bit cheaper computers, but then they are cheaper than most companies. Dell makes systems that are equally priced to Apple's, if not more. And Sony makes more expensive computers than Apple does.
That is an amazing price. That amounts to almost 5.5k difference between the 2 cities! Where do you think I can pick up an older version of Macbook pro as you indicated. I really dont care between core 2 duo or core duo. Howmuch do you think it would be?
The cheapest one, AFAIK, is about eighty thousand bucks. Most Apple resellers will sell you older models happily.
I know about RSG Infotech in New Delhi and Amaze in Kolkata. I can give you their number too, if you want. :)

Last edited:

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I had considered going for a macbook but then my current lappy was too sweet a deal to resist, Compaq Presario v3149AU, 52k including carry case and its a hell lot better than the 62k macbook.

p.s. Check this out
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEAGmBRC1dc
:p

p.s. I am making this post from my older lappy, with a Celeron m 1.5 ghz, 256 MB RAM and a GMA 900 while running firefox2 on Suse 10.2 The best part is, it runs xgl without framing or thrashing (including the rotating cube thingy for switching between multiple desktops), eat this Vista :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom