M-Audio Studiophile AV 40

OP
G

gauravr

Broken In
Get something like this *m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=161238704592.

I use something like that with my Razer Mako which is also a 110v model .

Thanks! Also one thing, before purchasing power transformer How I can be sure whether speaker is working or not. I am afraid that speaker amplifier part has been blow or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Get something like this *m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=161238704592.

I use something like that with my Razer Mako which is also a 110v model .

Can you share knowledge with us will there be difference between M-audio with 220V and with 110 V. I mean in terms of loudness, sound quality etc.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Only way to check it is to run it ,and to run it you will need 110v power ,so the transformer is a pre requisite.

110v or 220v will sound the same in terms of power.Dont worry. Watts and Volts are twi different things.

OP
G

gauravr

Broken In
Only way to check it is to run it ,and to run it you will need 110v power ,so the transformer is a pre requisite.

110v or 220v will sound the same in terms of power.Dont worry. Watts and Volts are twi different things.

Will this be suffice to run the speaker or underpowered:

*m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=181397436789
(Voltage Converter 220V To 110V : 65Watt)

for speaker requirement is: AC Input:100-120V-60Hz,60W.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You will have to buy something close to 400 watts minimum to keep things safe. 65watts is not sufficient at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Multiply the 120v with the ampere and you will know how much power it requires. And then add 100 watts additional to run everything optimally and cool.

OP
G

gauravr

Broken In
You will have to buy something close to 400 watts minimum to keep things safe. 65watts is not sufficient at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Multiply the 120v with the ampere and you will know how much power it requires. And then add 100 watts additional to run everything optimally and cool.

Thank u so much! How will I come to know how much ampere I have to multiply with 120v.

OP
G

gauravr

Broken In
Dear The Incinerator,

I checked with local shop and found transformer was blown :(. He suggested me to get the transformer.
What do you suggest? Is the product still under warranty in this case?
Can I get the transformer from market(I am noida based so can go for delhi market).
specification mentioned on the transformer:
I/P: ~120V/60Hz Red-Black
O/P: ~14V*2/1.4A Red-Black-Red

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if the transformer is blown, then you wouldnt get any warranty, because its a case of manhandling.

anyway, now you can opt for a 230V/60Hz transformer. just keep in mind the amperage and power etc.. get it from a good company. after all, it will be the heart of the power system.

if you cant get the same ratings in a readymade tx, then go for a custom made tx.

OP
G

gauravr

Broken In
Thanks anirbandd!
feeling disappointed.

You said -"anyway, now you can opt for a 230V/60Hz transformer." You mean to say I will not need voltage converter now if I opt for 230V/60Hz transformer.

OP
G

gauravr

Broken In
Thanks anirbandd!
feeling disappointed.

You said -"anyway, now you can opt for a 230V/60Hz transformer." You mean to say I will not need voltage converter now if I opt for 230V/60Hz transformer.

Dear Experienced member.

Please help! I have 2 option:
1. get repaired from M-Audio service center India.(dont know how much buck I have to drain from my pocket.)
2. Go to Old delhi and get transformer and then get repaired the speaker from local shop.(is it feasible?)

specification mentioned on the transformer:
I/P: ~120V/60Hz Red-Black
O/P: ~14V*2/1.4A Red-Black-Red

Please suggest what should I do?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the official service center route is obviously recommended.

but, if you feel like they are charging too much, you can opt for the other option, which being getting the transformer repaired and modified to suit indian line voltages.

see, you need to understand that the tx inside the speaker is for EU countries where the voltages are 120V/60Hz. in india we use 230V/50Hz. so, when you plugged in your speakers, the transformer got damaged due to the high voltage.

since your speakers are pretty costly, i'd say go for a good quality transformer, from a reputed manufacturer, or get it custom made from a good winder shop. just make sure the output is the same as your current one, ~14V*2/1.4A Red-Black-Red.

i just dont trust local tx manufacturers. i've seen enough bad tx.

while you are at it, it'd also be wise to check if the fuse is intact. sometimes it just happens that the fuse is blown beofre any amjor damage is done. so, incase the fuse is blown the transformer will still be intact, and working fine, although you'll still need to replace that.

reply back for any more queries.

OP
G

gauravr

Broken In
the official service center route is obviously recommended.

but, if you feel like they are charging too much, you can opt for the other option, which being getting the transformer repaired and modified to suit indian line voltages.

see, you need to understand that the tx inside the speaker is for EU countries where the voltages are 120V/60Hz. in india we use 230V/50Hz. so, when you plugged in your speakers, the transformer got damaged due to the high voltage.

since your speakers are pretty costly, i'd say go for a good quality transformer, from a reputed manufacturer, or get it custom made from a good winder shop. just make sure the output is the same as your current one, ~14V*2/1.4A Red-Black-Red.

i just dont trust local tx manufacturers. i've seen enough bad tx.

while you are at it, it'd also be wise to check if the fuse is intact. sometimes it just happens that the fuse is blown beofre any amjor damage is done. so, incase the fuse is blown the transformer will still be intact, and working fine, although you'll still need to replace that.

reply back for any more queries.

yes, fuse was also blown. one more query:
~14V*2/1.4A Red-Black-Red
What is meant by 2/1.4A? does it mean ampere should be in range of 2 to 1.4 OR it will give 2 supply one with 2A and another with 1.4A. I am really noob in this field.

Also I had gone to shops in bhagirathi place/lajpat rai market just to esquire about the transformer. I found that they have 12V transformer rather than 14V.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yes, fuse was also blown. one more query:
~14V*2/1.4A Red-Black-Red
What is meant by 2/1.4A? does it mean ampere should be in range of 2 to 1.4 OR it will give 2 supply one with 2A and another with 1.4A. I am really noob in this field.

Also I had gone to shops in bhagirathi place/lajpat rai market just to esquire about the transformer. I found that they have 12V transformer rather than 14V.

if the fuse is blown, then are you also SURE that the transformer is also damaged?? the fuse usually prevents this...

yeah, i am also a bit confused about that. can you give some pictures of the transformer, with its input/output wires??

Top Bottom