Lumia 620 vs Xperia L

jack_d

Right off the assembly line
Hey friends,

My brother is a newbie and is contemplating to buy a new phone, he is on tight budget of 14k INR max. So based on this we got:

Lumia 620

Xperia L

UPDATE NEW BUDGET 12k INR

And before you bash me, yes, I know both are very different phones and very different OSs. Which phone would you advise?

I advised him for Xperia L. But lack of substantial aftermarket ROMs for it is making me apprehensive about its futureproofing.

PS: He never had any experience with WP8 or Android. And he has no special/specific requirements from the phone.

UPDATE:

Because of unforeseeable reasons, his budget is now lowered to 12k INR, so with that budget I think he should go for Lumia 620. But he is slightly inclined on getting an Android device but not fond of slightly less known names like xolo,micromax etc, he is more interested in getting a branded phone.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
On the WP front, you can get L720 around 15k with coupons. It's vastly superior to the L620 with bigger/brighter screen and a better camera, though most of the inbuilt specs are more or less same. L720 will get FM ability with the upcoming WP update, whereas L620 can't (lack of inbuilt FM tuner). You can also have a look on L520.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
close your eyes and go for Xperia L, because Lumia 620 has terrible battery, my friend has it and now he wants to sell it.

OP
J

jack_d

get xperia L.

On the WP front, you can get L720 around 15k with coupons. It's vastly superior to the L620 with bigger/brighter screen and a better camera, though most of the inbuilt specs are more or less same. L720 will get FM ability with the upcoming WP update, whereas L620 can't (lack of inbuilt FM tuner). You can also have a look on L520.

close your eyes and go for Xperia L, because Lumia 620 has terrible battery, my friend has it and now he wants to sell it.

Thanks you guys for your suggestions.

So looks like its the xperia l that he should go for. Any other phone in this price bracket?

OP
J

jack_d

My bro bought Lumia 620 due to strict budget constraint. Please close the thread.

Thank you all:razz::razz::razz:

Flash

Lost in speed
You (WP8 devices) will get OTA (Over-the-Air) update. Only WP7.5/.8 can be updated using PC (Zune to be specific).
You'll get a notification when an update is available. Then, you can update it via Wi-fi.

Top Bottom