Lowbudget Good MP3+FM phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
i still recommend u a 6230 under 5k in andheri arasa market and i have a personal dealer there pm me for his details if intrested
else all arasa ppl are frauds

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
pathiks said:
btw infra flight mode doesnt disable BT/IR in all mobile fones....

yes, pathiks u are correct when u are speaking in a broader range. but in all walkman phones bt/ir/sim services are disabled.

K

krazyfrog

^^ But why is IR disabled? What has that got to do with any thing? After all, it doesn't work on the principles of radio frequencies like bluetooth, wi-fi, etc. It uses infra red beam to send/recieve data. How can that cause interference with an aeroplane?

K

krazyfrog

^^ no no, i'm not blaming airlines. I'm instead enquiring why SE decided to disable IR in flight mode. (or maybe they didn't and @infra probably made a mistake).

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
thats becoz just for ir they'll hafta activate the phone menu system, program the ICs, rewrite the firmware just for enabling IR. just that its easy for them to cut the whole thing!! even BT doesn't interfere wid anything. but its disabled!

K

krazyfrog

Yeah in Nokia phones after activating offline profile everything works, including bluetooth, IR and wi-fi. Only network part is switched off.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
krazyfrog said:
Yeah in Nokia phones after activating offline profile everything works, including bluetooth, IR and wi-fi. Only network part is switched off.

Hmmmmm,

Now krazy bhai beocome Nokia FAN

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
I don't know why one needs IR and BT when they are in flight mode. What are you trying to hijacking.

Radio frequencies interfere with planes navigation sys. Everyone knows it. And BT and IR are form of Radio Frequency. So isn't it good to disable them.

So why Nokia gets a plus point and SE doesn't.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Bluetooth and IR doesn't cause interference problems with aircrafts. Bluetooth is too weak and IR works on totally different principles (uses light instead of radio waves). That's why disabling them doesn't make sense. And bluetooth can be useful on board a flight for example to listen to music using wireless headset, transfer data to your laptop, etc. Thats why i was wondering why SE decided to disable them in flight mode.
Btw @Stick, don't let my post and my new avatar fool you. It'll take a lot more than that for me to become a FAN of any company.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
actually the flight mode in walkman phones, make it a total media player, not a phone wid media player! i wonder how many portable media players haf BT headset facility. mebbe thats the reason only the walkman app is available during the flight mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom