40gb hdd
cd writer
dvd player
intel motherboard

OP
champ_rock

champ_rock

champ_rock
i think ubuntu runs fine on my system....... but there is a lot of trouble with ubuntu..... i am not able to play music even .. after a lt of trouble......

ujjwal

Padawan
Any distribution will run fine on your system, although you may have to change the desktop environment used. Most popular distributions come with Gnome or KDE, which, although they will run, will perform quite sluggishly. You can replace them with a lighter desktop/window manager like XFCE, IceWM to get better speed.

Vector Linux is a great distribution which will run like a breeze on your system, out of the box. It comes with XFCE and other window managers, and is optimised for older PC's.

By the way, there have been many other discussions on the same topic earlier, search this forum and you will find a lot of information.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Any linux distro will run fine in ur system if u use some less resource hungry window managers like
IceWM
Blackbox
FVWM
etc.
Probably GNOME and KDE will be a bit sluggish.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Sure. I've installed FC4 on many of my friends machine with P3 and 128 MB RAM. The only thing is that dont go for gnome or kde. you can install and work, but that would be a real effort, and needs a lot of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom