Low buget graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

anidex

Broken In
Blade_runner get your facts right, DX is always backward compatible, even if your card supports DX 8.1 & the game is DX 9c even baseline on the Ti it will run fine at DX 8.1 mode, automatically, although some game require U to enable a switch to use a special path for DX 8.1 mode like Halo
DX9 baseline means requirement of shader model 2.0+, floating point rendering pipeline, etc... etc... etc... The Ti WON'T run such games.

G

gxsaurav

Mark my words, It will, Shader 9.0c support automatically gives support for Shader 8.1

G

gxsaurav

Mark my words, It will, Shader 9.0c support automatically gives support for Shader 8.1, if not they will still support OpenGL

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
gxsaurav said:
blade_runner said:
akshayt said:
ti 4200 has 256bit memory interface.

Get your facts straight before you post !
Specifications:
# NVIDIA GeForce4â„¢ Ti 4200 256-bit GPU
# 64/128MB 128-bit DDR memory
# AGP 2X/4X with fast writes and AGP texturing support
Source
Source

Blade_runner get your facts right, DX is always backward compatible, even if your card supports DX 8.1 & the game is DX 9c even baseline on the Ti it will run fine at DX 8.1 mode, automatically, although some game require U to enable a switch to use a special path for DX 8.1 mode like Halo

WTF is wrong with u dude? Hurt your ego in that Sata sp2 thread, Read carefully i m the one who was telling the guy to go for a Ti whereas anidex was telling him 2 go for a Fx5200. And thats what we were arguing about....and u pop in between and start telling me the virtues of Gfx4 Ti...well read u moron i already wrote abt it. Looks like u can't take things sportingly, isnt' it ?

And FYI i was explaning 2 akshay dude here abt the fact that the geforce Ti has 128 bit memory bus when he was telling it to be 256bit. :lol:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
anidex said:
64-bit bus? You must've got the FX 5200 LE/VE not the FX 5200 non-Ultra. That does SUCK a little.

Anyways u dont lose anythng other than some effects if you are using the Ti range.
Do we need to go over this again? Most games to be released about 8-10 months from now will NOT support DX 8.1, so what's a Ti owner gonna do?

Yeah dude you are right most games released will not support DX8.1 thats obvious, But in the next coming months we will have a beavy of releases which will be graphically heavy, the Fx scores only 20Fps sumthng in D3 in 1024 res which is a poor score according 2 me. Now imagine if a openGl based games which should scale very well as against a DX9 game runs at such crap frame rates imagine what wud happen when more gfx heavy games release! So in all probability this card aint gonna last more than 5-6 months ! Ofcourse we cud go on and on abt this .................but i think this is enuf ! And rather not want this to turn into a slugfest.

anidex

Broken In
It only scores higher because D3 isn't running floating point fragment shaders. As soon as it detects a DX9 level hardware, D3 switches over to floating point precision and on a card like the FX 5200 things don't go too well. Run the game with the same effects as the Ti using some console commands like r_*** (check the net) to disable ARBFP2 shaders and see your framerates shoot up!

anidex

Broken In
Mark my words, It will, Shader 9.0c support automatically gives support for Shader 8.1, if not they will still support OpenGL
Boy you're more confused than a bunch of tequila drunk monkeys. All this while I've been telling that DX 8.1 support doesn't imply DX 9.0 support and you've been saying that DX8.1 support means DX 9.0 will be supported. Now you turn around the plate and switch to my line? You're slicker than an oil-dipped snail :lol!

G

gxsaurav

Boy you're more confused than a bunch of tequila drunk monkeys. All this while I've been telling that DX 8.1 support doesn't imply DX 9.0 support and you've been saying that DX8.1 support means DX 9.0 will be supported. Now you turn around the plate and switch to my line? You're slicker than an oil-dipped snail :lol!

Look again, I said the same thing, DX 9 support will give support for DX 8.1 , I M out of here, U guys are getting angry

anidex

Broken In
even if your card supports DX 8.1 & the game is DX 9c even baseline on the Ti it will run fine at DX 8.1 mode, automatically, although some game require U to enable a switch to use a special path for DX 8.1 mode like Halo
According to my dictionary, that means "If your card supports DX8.1 but a game needs DX9 as the baseline, the game will switch over to the DX8.1 path". That's stupid because if the baseline is DX9, where does the DX 8.1 path come from? lol!

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
anidex said:
It only scores higher because D3 isn't running floating point fragment shaders. As soon as it detects a DX9 level hardware, D3 switches over to floating point precision and on a card like the FX 5200 things don't go too well. Run the game with the same effects as the Ti using some console commands like r_*** (check the net) to disable ARBFP2 shaders and see your framerates shoot up!

I am gonna try this(links wud be helpful here). But then the bottom line is both these cards wont b lasting for too long..........and from a laymans perpective, forget the shaders and DX9 the Ti wud be still giving good performance as compared to the Fx. Ans since the d3 engine will power quite a few games the layman shud b happy for the time being.

@Gxsaurav: I aint getting angry at you, its just that akshayt p i s s e d me off with his lame comment and then you further aggravated it by accusing me of sumthng i never said.

demoninside

In the zone
dude i m using gf4 MX 8X series nd it is 9.0b supportive(not in market now) nd i m playing Q3, UT2004, NFS underground with a nice FSB.
So what u say

anidex

Broken In
I take it that you're trying to put across the fact that you're playing Q3, UT2004 and NFSU on a GeForce 4 MX. How does that concern the ongoing discussion about DX9.0 and the related stuff? BTW, you cannot call the GeForce 4 MX DX9 compliant, hell, it ain't even DX8 compliant.

demoninside

In the zone
come on guys, it`s some XFX nforce 4 MX 4000,
i have checked on PCMark 2004 nd on freash dignose
both says it is 9.0b comptible so i said that but may be u know better,
so it cannot be what i thought,
sorry if that so and also thanx for telling me

anidex

Broken In
Don't take it personally man. Running on DX9 and DX9 compliant mean two different things, completely. Because DX is COM based, even if your card were only DX 6.0 compliant, it would run on DX9, that's the magic of COM because the queried interface would remain the same. But that doesn't mean that all the newer features in DX9 would be supported.

demoninside

In the zone
thanx buddy i thought as my vender also said this that this is DX9 compliment
any why thanx for telling me.
can u explain this a bit more

anidex

Broken In
Basically, DX9 is COM (component object model) based. Thus, the interface (or a specialized struct in layman programming terms) can provide all the functions from earlier generations of DX. That is a COOL feature of COM.

The GeForce 4 MX supports all the DX7 features, but that's it. The newer programmable architecture isn't supported. By programmable I mean vertex and pixel shaders. A lot of other features like floating point precision in the pixel stage, occlusion queries and displacement mapping (even pre-sampled look-up) isn't supported.

plasmafire

Journeyman
what card is cheapest that can run doom 3 in 1024, all settings high(xcept maybe 1 or 2), no FSAA.. abt 30 - 40 fps is ok..on a non tweaked machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom