Low buget graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Right off the assembly line
I need a graphics card and my budget is abt rs 4000.I think i can get the geforce fx 5200 128mb or geforce mx 4000 64 mb or ati radeon 9200se in that amount but i cant decided which one to buy.I am not much into gaming but do play NFS Undergorund and Simcity and Quake 3.
I just cant seem to make my mind up....and also i cant find any reviews for the mx 4000.

Please help!!

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Geforce 4 Ti4200 128MB (256bit) for Rs.4900 or stick with ur fx5200 but it's a bad deal imo, rather get this card and u will be able to enjoy DOOM3 properly.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
yea even i think geforce 4 Ti4200 is a better deal even if you want to play just NFS Underground.... and no doom3....

And what will you do if NFS undergound2(going to be released at the end of the year) hits the stores ;)

OP
W

Wraith

Right off the assembly line
I really dont care abt the hype and stuff....i just wanna play what i am comfortable with and besides i dont like FPS...i am more into racing games.

demoninside

In the zone
chip Graphic card

Having GeForce4 MX 4000 128 mb
Supporting DX9.0b and working cool for 4000rs round :D
so can suggest u that

anidex

Broken In
Here's how it is :-

GeForce 4 MX: Pretty much a GeForce 2.
GeForce 4 Ti 4200: DX8.1 compliant - read as "already dead".
GeForce FX 5200: Basic DX9.0 compliant - atleast it'll last for a while (perhaps an year or slightly more).

So, the choice is quite straight forward.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Anidex the fx5200 sucks and big time. I have the card and i regret buying it in the first place. On contrary to what you said about the Ti, there seems a bit of a demand for Ti cards these days. If i were to spend 4-5k i'd do it on the Ti4200 rather than the measly 5200. But i guess to each his own, so the fx5200 might find some favour with ........

anidex

Broken In
On contrary to what you said about the Ti, there seems a bit of a demand for Ti cards these days
Sure there's a demand, most people in India don't have a clue about graphics cards. If you buy a Ti 4200, you WILL NOT be able to play any games that will be released in the near future, most of them will set DX9 as the baseline. Anyway blade, trust me, you didn't do a mistake by buying an FX 5200. If you had bought a Ti 4200, you would've regretted it much more.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
anidex said:
On contrary to what you said about the Ti, there seems a bit of a demand for Ti cards these days
Sure there's a demand, most people in India don't have a clue about graphics cards. If you buy a Ti 4200, you WILL NOT be able to play any games that will be released in the near future, most of them will set DX9 as the baseline. Anyway blade, trust me, you didn't do a mistake by buying an FX 5200. If you had bought a Ti 4200, you would've regretted it much more.

i know cuz i play everyday with this crap piece of hardware and ppl with Ti who play the same games as me seem 2 get good fps as compared to me. Seriously man i think u shud use this card once, plus this bloody thing has 64bit memory against the 128 bit memory of the Ti. the clock rates for the Fx5200 are 250/333 as against the 250/500 of the Ti. Anyways u dont lose anythng other than some effects if you are using the Ti range.

G

gxsaurav

blade_runner said:
akshayt said:
ti 4200 has 256bit memory interface.

Get your facts straight before you post !
Specifications:
# NVIDIA GeForce4â„¢ Ti 4200 256-bit GPU
# 64/128MB 128-bit DDR memory
# AGP 2X/4X with fast writes and AGP texturing support
Source
Source

Blade_runner get your facts right, DX is always backward compatible, even if your card supports DX 8.1 & the game is DX 9c even baseline on the Ti it will run fine at DX 8.1 mode, automatically, although some game require U to enable a switch to use a special path for DX 8.1 mode like Halo

anidex

Broken In
64-bit bus? You must've got the FX 5200 LE/VE not the FX 5200 non-Ultra. That does SUCK a little.

Anyways u dont lose anythng other than some effects if you are using the Ti range.
Do we need to go over this again? Most games to be released about 8-10 months from now will NOT support DX 8.1, so what's a Ti owner gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom