looking to upgrade, budget 1 lack

Xamanus

Journeyman
specs
1643726468736.png

games are starting to stutter.

cpu surely upgrade, pls suggest me new with mobo etc if needed
will also buy a ram, will 32x1 work with 16x1?

specs
View attachment 21265

I will say that the major issue is RAM, you need dual channel RAM for optimum performance. Dual channel esp affects 1% & 0.1% low performance.

This shows why:
12GB dont (1).png

This is just 1 example. For even GTX 1070 you can see a big jump from 30fps as 0.1% low to 39fps by using proper dual channel memory.

If you plan to upgrade, fill the questionnaire:
Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
specs
View attachment 21265

Don't you already have 48Gb ram ?

Allocate 42K for Intel core i5-12600K + B660 Motherboard and with the remaining amount get hold of a RTX 3060

Don't you already have 48Gb ram ?

Allocate 42K for Intel core i5-12600K + B660 Motherboard and with the remaining amount get hold of a RTX 3060
A decent budget Z690 costs 20k, no point buying K CPU if you don't get Z mobo. Let OP detail their requirements more clearly.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
A decent budget Z690 costs 20k, no point buying K CPU if you don't get Z mobo. Let OP detail their requirements more clearly.

Is this possible with a K series CPu as well :
*videocardz.com/newz/der8auer-overc...n-k-cpu-to-5ghz-on-asus-b660-ddr5-motherboard
*tekdeeps.com/overclocked-with-non-k-cpu-and-b660-motherboard/

TheSloth

The Slowest One
*videocardz.com/newz/der8auer-overc...n-k-cpu-to-5ghz-on-asus-b660-ddr5-motherboard

In recent hours, Intel commented to Tom's Hardware about non-K processor overclocking:

"Intel’s 12th Gen non-K processors were not designed for overclocking. Intel does not warranty the operation of processors beyond their specifications. Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance."
More on Intel Warns Of 'Damage' From Non-K Alder Lake CPU Overclocking

Those mobo aren't cheap. You can get a Z690 for 20k, pair that with i5 12600K for an easy OC. The method der8auer showed doesn't work on most mobo, please watch his videos.

More on Intel Warns Of 'Damage' From Non-K Alder Lake CPU Overclocking
This is likely BS from Intel, although very high OC always was risky. But I feel Intel could have given i5 12400 a 4.2-4.3GHz all core boost freq, even that would have helped a bit, esp with defeating R5 5600X.

Top Bottom