Looking to purchase PC monitor for 15000

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Did a huge mistake by not making the unboxing video. This came to mind the moment I opened the boxes.

Packaging was not good. And then delivery people were throwing around the box like it has clothes inside. I saw it unloading in front of my house.

So now, the light bleeding issue. It is not as bad as it looks in the pic below but I am thinking now Ronnie also took pic in a dark room and it doesn't seem as bad as mine. So what shall I do now. Apart from this everything else is fine I guess.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/5f860ee762934b4de344017fa29795b7.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/83606247f379ef19f0b3eb9709876c37.jpg

TheSloth

The Slowest One
One more thing, at bottom corners, while playing youtube videos, half of the time the colors are darker than the same colour displayed at the center, though it is not noticeable as it is small and slight. It only happens while playing videos. Everything was normal in Rocket League game and while browsing.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Did a huge mistake by not making the unboxing video. This came to mind the moment I opened the boxes.

Packaging was not good. And then delivery people were throwing around the box like it has clothes inside. I saw it unloading in front of my house.

So now, the light bleeding issue. It is not as bad as it looks in the pic below but I am thinking now Ronnie also took pic in a dark room and it doesn't seem as bad as mine. So what shall I do now. Apart from this everything else is fine I guess.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/5f860ee762934b4de344017fa29795b7.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/83606247f379ef19f0b3eb9709876c37.jpg
Hmm the packaging was done pretty well for me.. Hmm that back light bleeding seems odd..

I will try to take some more pics tomorrow and post it here.. Could help there.. Didn't notice any such issue on your tube but I will confirm again by tomorrow.

Sorry couldn't reply all these days as I got busy with work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

One more thing, at bottom corners, while playing youtube videos, half of the time the colors are darker than the same colour displayed at the center, though it is not noticeable as it is small and slight. It only happens while playing videos. Everything was normal in Rocket League game and while browsing.
Are you facing the issue only while watching youtube vids ?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Can you post of pics of that scenario ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah received and installed it.. Will review on Wednesday.. Busy with office work till then. Also there is light bleeding although less.. But not distracting enough *uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180903/b0304d4883347028204469b33ce76d79.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Offtopic,which series is this character from.

IPS panels will always have some back bleeding as far as I know,just that amount of back bleeding varies from unit to unit.If in dark room amount of back bleeding is distracting then better ask for a replacement if possible cause one will never adjust to that amount of back bleeding even with time.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
If you see at the bottom corners, it is slightly darker than the same colour in middle or anywhere else except corner. This is easily visible if I look at the corner while a video is playing on monitor. It is happening only with videos, be it YouTube or anime. If the scenes are changing a bit fast then this will happen and more visible with light shade of Colours like white, pink, orange or yellow. Also, this doesn't happen when I am watching pictures.

Here's the link of those black corners while watching anime.

Notice the slightly blackish shade at the bottom corners Notice the slightly blackish shade at the bottom corners

TheSloth

The Slowest One

IPS panels will always have some back bleeding as far as I know,just that amount of back bleeding varies from unit to unit.If in dark room amount of back bleeding is distracting then better ask for a replacement if possible cause one will never adjust to that amount of back bleeding even with time.
I am worried that what if the next model has more bleeding or the other issues like black vertical lines while playing videos as per other reviews. Stormbringer faced the same thing, his replacement unit also had the same bleeding as first one.

Or is there any setting which might reduce this light bleeding?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
LCD monitor test images

Try above site to calibrate your monitor.

P.S. that anime is food war,right?any idea about the earlier pic I quoted in my previous post?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
LCD monitor test images

Try above site to calibrate your monitor.

P.S. that anime is food war,right?any idea about the earlier pic I quoted in my previous post?
I don't understand what settings to change after seeing the pics.

Yes the anime in the pic is Food Wars Plate 1. I think the pic posted by Ronnie is a wallpaper of Cyborg from DC.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pics are a reference point,you are supposed to change your monitor/tv colour,contrast,brightness,sharpness to match those standard images as described in their calibration test(e.g.you start all values from 0 & keep changing them until you see a result which the pic stated on its page).

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The pics are a reference point,you are supposed to change your monitor/tv colour,contrast,brightness,sharpness to match those standard images as described in their calibration test(e.g.you start all values from 0 & keep changing them until you see a result which the pic stated on its page).
I am going to try this as I am not returning the monitor. Thanks for the suggestions.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

Its Cyborg from DC. This is part of the new opening theme from DC animation

Top Bottom