Looking to buy a laptop for 3d work, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsubhadip

In the zone
Nothing other than settling with a Desktop. And IMO, getting a lappy for Maya kinda stuff is not even a good idea to think about.
These softwares even kill a PC, then how'd we expect a lappy to work great with these apps.

Or else go for what desiibond suggests. That looks cool and a great buy, if you're still sure that a Laptop can be used for Maya rather than a PC.

+1.

Are you serious dude? A 4650 is nothing but a piece of sh1t. It even struggles to play games which were one or two years older at high settings.

ru sure buddy that ati 1 gb 4650 graphics card can't play recent games
ru put sure buddy
i think it'll play crisis also

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
I strongly suggest bigger screens . I am mainly a developer and I have Dell Inspiron 9400(Screen: 17" Ultrasharp WUXGA, 1920x1200). this model is now a bit old but I have done some enthusiast 3DMax stuff and big screens really help

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
ru put sure buddy

I said it'll struggle to play them at high settings. Didn't say it not playable. Since he ask for a rendering / modelling machine, its not good. Better go for a lappy with QuadroFX series of cards.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ru put sure buddy

HD4650 if meant for casual gaming and for maximum of 17" displays with 1280x800 resolution. And it certainly ain't meant for graphic rendering!!!

No gaming graphics cards if you wanna go for 3D modeling. Go for Quadro of FireGL cards. They are totally optimized for modeling and suits your needs perfectly.

If you are totally serious about 3D and Maya, Go for Core i7/Quadro rig. I wouldn't recommend Phenom II or Geforce or Radeon here for you.

In case of laptops, these are pretty hard to find in USA and impossible to find here in India.
+1

^many reasons for its acceptance, the primary being Quadro card have support for hardware rendering. this feature is not available in ANY other series

personal experience:

i own a 120AMP.
2.6 C2D
3 GB ram
as you know very good graphic card. supreme gamming experience.

had to do some rendering for a professional friend, one scene in 3ds max took 35 mins HIGHLY unacceptable.
he got a Quadro FX 5600 and some CUDA APIs (I dont know the stuff , only provider for HW must be highly professional) ---took ONLY 7 mins

go for a professional config.
only a high-end graphic solution will not help you in any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom