Looking for online community of Indian DIYers.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Maybe because I spent half my childhood breaking electrical things and other half getting shocked, Or Blowing MCBs and fuses in my house. (But I DID MAKE SOME CIRCUITS AND ALL)
Wew low, what did you played with then? I mean I cannot even think so anything electrical to have fun with as a kid. Electrical/technological devices, sure but things like MCB and fuses, how?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Wew low, what did you played with then? I mean I cannot even think so anything electrical to have fun with as a kid. Electrical/technological devices, sure but things like MCB and fuses, how?

Actually, I used to play with electronics. It was in 1st-2nd That i got a shock, from a AC toy, Or basically a musical keyboard (F*** Chinese products, NO Ground protection:-x) After that in next 2-3 years I did many Short Circuits, Burnt a few sockets ( I was Scolded a lot due to wastage of money LoL) I made my fist circuit when i was 11-12 years old, It was a basic inverter circuit, ( I did it in guidance of my grandpa who was retd. Physics lecturer). And yes it worked. After that, I devoted most of the time in electronics. Till now.

Also I remember plugging in a Analog telephone into a AC socket and the Caps in it go puffff. (Interestingly, Capacitor are a good source of smoke grenades, which emits poisonous sulfur oxides)

But one thing, I did not liked the Indian DIY community, since long, cause most of them were fake. Neither I see any good electrical engineer, making DIY videos on YT from India. But one of the good one is DDelectroTech, who again does not have any community.

Otherwise, GreatScott, ElectroBOOM, Diodesgonewild, and my favorite, PHOTONICINDUCTION. These are must watch for electrical fans.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Actually, I used to play with electronics. It was in 1st-2nd That i got a shock, from a AC toy, Or basically a musical keyboard. I made my first circuit when i was 11-12 years old, It was a basic inverter circuit ( I did it in guidance of my grandpa who was retd. Physics lecturer). And yes it worked. After that, I devoted most of the time in electronics. Till now.
Also I remember plugging in a Analog telephone into a AC socket and the Caps in it go puffff. (Interestingly, Capacitor are a good source of smoke grenades,
which emits poisonous sulfur oxides) --> TIL
But one thing, I did not liked the Indian DIY community, since long, cause most of them were fake. Neither I see any good electrical engineer, making DIY videos on YT from India. But one of the good one is DDelectroTech, who again does not have any community.
Otherwise, GreatScott, ElectroBOOM, Diodesgonewild, and my favorite, PHOTONICINDUCTION. These are must watch for electrical fans.
Wew, cool journey. I also used to like playing with electronics as a kid but had no guidance and I was not ever allowed to play with any electronics, at last I took to breaking my own toys though, just to see how they worked, but later I stopped doing that.

I still have a small part of that passion inside me though, but I try to take apart and play with dead hardware instead :)

Last edited:
OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
@RumbaMon19 those kids should be introduced to the power of a FULL BRIDGE RECTIFIER!!
Seriously, the lack of moral compass is an even bigger issue of not having a DIY community. You don't get ANYTHING that requires trust with such rampant fraud.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Its nice to see more desi diyers here. I am just a 'minor' diy'er. As a kid. used to open anything I could find. Hands down the most fun was opening a printer! . Its a such a intricate mechanical heaven. Still love it. Recently got a old printer from a relative just so I can open it. The ultimate challenge is to open a printer and then close it. Now I have actually managed to make some things: LED panel light, tensigrity structure etc.
Maybe we all could start something ?

Fav diyers:
Jared Owen - how stuff works, detailed animations
DIY Perks - diy guides. Such an awesome guy
NightHawkInLight - search his channel for starlight
Latheman's crazy machines - crazy machines
Elonics - Electronics Projects on Breadboard - electronic projects on breadboard. Clear simple learning resource. Indian guy.

Top Bottom