Looking for best PSU for my Core i5 4570 and RX 480 PC

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Usually psu fan is intake & as such placing the fan downwards helps in keeping psu cool by sucking air from below.I think some old psu years ago used to have exhaust fan type.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Usually psu fan is intake & as such placing the fan downwards helps in keeping psu cool by sucking air from below.I think some old psu years ago used to have exhaust fan type.
Thanks. Could you please confirm that the fan on the Corsair TX650M is an intake one?

I'll in that case flip it over LoL. No need to straighten the cables right, cause it's a massive PITA to remove cables from all components and then reroute and re-attach them.

chetansha

In the zone
Yes it is intake one. I also was under assumption it was blow out until xome one pointrd it out and I checked on many forums

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like I said by default a fan in psu us supposed to be intake only,some rare model may have exhaust fan but I have yet to see it in any recent or popular psu.

quicky008

Technomancer
It seems Tx650m is available at MD for only Rs 6000 now-this fills me with a bit of a regret about getting a tx 550m for 5.5k earlier this year(back then tx 650m was priced at around 6500 if i remember correctly)-had i known that the price of tx650m would drop so soon then i would have probably held off buying the tx550 and bought 650m once its cost reduced.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's Rs 6000 but cost me around Rs 6.5k with shipping and internet charges.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
TX550M is more than enough for 1060/1070 & similar cards.Getting TX650M is worth it if you plan on overclocking.Even if price difference is a few hundred rupees you are not missing anything by getting 550M for a non-OC system.

Top Bottom