1. Budget?
Around 20k-25k.

2. Display type and size?
5.2" to 5.5"

3. Dual sim?
Not required

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony, LG, One+, Mi, Motorola

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
A good camera (back and front) will be preferred

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G compatibility with Airtel is a must

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Camera and multimedia

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Moto G4 plus, Sony Z3+

10. Any other info that you want to share
SD-Card slot is a must. Will avoid brands like Gionee, Honor, Vivo...

Please suggest which one to go for...

Minion

Conversation Architect
Moto G4 + is overpriced for what it offers only good thing is camera.

If you are considering Sony Z3+ which costs 28k then why don't you consider one plus 3 superb build quality,latest chipset,people are getting 8 hrs of SOT,supeb developer support in case you want to install custom ROM,Camera is pretty good and display is AMOLED.

I can get Z3+ for 24. Also One+ 3 doesn't have microSD slot which I want.

Oneplus 3 has 64GB internal, so why will you need SD card slot??

Z3+ has heating issues under extended heavy usage.... I don't think issue was resolved

You can check Xiaomi Mi5 too

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I store all my videos, photos and music on SD card so that if I change my phone i do not have to sync all this data with new phone. It takes hell lot of time. Also 64GB may not be enough with good camera and multimedia phone. I already have nearly 55GB data on my current phone and I can't add more without deleting previous data.

I bought Z3+ for my mom a couple of months back. It used to get heated very fast. But after few s/w updates the problem is gone and the phone works fine.

Mi5 has even lower storage of 32GB which will get exhausted within couple of months.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I store all my videos, photos and music on SD card so that if I change my phone i do not have to sync all this data with new phone. It takes hell lot of time. Also 64GB may not be enough with good camera and multimedia phone. I already have nearly 55GB data on my current phone and I can't add more without deleting previous data.

I bought Z3+ for my mom a couple of months back. It used to get heated very fast. But after few s/w updates the problem is gone and the phone works fine.

Mi5 has even lower storage of 32GB which will get exhausted within couple of months.

Simple Solution to your problem is move those files to PCs/laptop only keep files that are needed.lets say someday you lose your phone or its gets faulty then you are gonna lose all your data.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ Well said Minion. If he loses the phone then buh-bye SD card too & so goes the data. Better to save important ones in PC or Google drive.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Simple Solution to your problem is move those files to PCs/laptop only keep files that are needed.lets say someday you lose your phone or its gets faulty then you are gonna lose all your data.

^^ Well said Minion. If he loses the phone then buh-bye SD card too & so goes the data. Better to save important ones in PC or Google drive.

I'll consider that. But if I do want phone with microSD support then which one should I opt for? I can try for LG G4 too if its worth extra I'll pay over OP3.

Minion

Conversation Architect
When is that expected and at what price?
Regarding pricing read this
Asus ZenFone 3, ZenFone 3 Deluxe, and ZenFone 3 Ultra to go on sale next month - GSMArena.com news

They are going to release in this month only.

azvnoit

Journeyman
I'll consider that. But if I do want phone with microSD support then which one should I opt for? I can try for LG G4 too if its worth extra I'll pay over OP3.

For LG G4, it is a great phone. The only closest competition for its camera quality is iPhone 6S, galaxy S6, galaxy S7. SD 808 handles all apps/games without any problems. Dual SIM, Expandable memory, removable battery adds to the pros.
There are some problems that are found in almost all G4 devices:
-Battery backup lasts barely 6hours after few months. Got mine replaced in 4months, received extra battery and charging cradle for free, after that no issue with battery.
-Infinte bootloop, this is a manufacturing defect in almost all G4 variations. Solution is to get motherboard changed, happened to me after 10months of usage, still waiting to receive my phone.
-Finally, heating issues. This is common for all LG flagships, main reason why they went for SD808 instead of SD810. Still there are heating issues but managing the usage patterns and usage-charging patterns you won't face any heating issues.

That being said, I would suggest OnePlus 3, 64GB should suffice, OTG/cloud storage options are available otherwise.
Just took a look at Z3+ and it looks great as well; Moto G4+, not so much.

Edit: Just to rank them according to my opinion (overall).
OP3 > Sony Z3+ > LG G4

Minion

Conversation Architect
-Finally, heating issues. This is common for all LG flagships, main reason why they went for SD808 instead of SD810. Still there are heating issues but managing the usage patterns and usage-charging patterns you won't face any heating issues.

That being said, I would suggest OnePlus 3, 64GB should suffice, OTG/cloud storage options are available otherwise.
Just took a look at Z3+ and it looks great as well; Moto G4+, not so much.

Edit: Just to rank them according to my opinion (overall).
OP3 > Sony Z3+ > LG G4

SD 808 has heating issues too and has same issues that plagued SD 810. I agree OP3 is getting praises from all over internet.

Top Bottom