Looking for an IEM with price<2k

nomadsorion

Broken In
Hey

I had come up with a similar post three months ago while buying a new IEM. I had bought SoundMagic E30 for 2k and lost them yesterday. This is the third pair of earphones that I've lost after two Sennheiser CX-180 in the last one year. Looking for a new one now, hoping that I would be able to use it for a year atleast.

Requirements:
-IEM with good treble and sound clarity like E30
-Don't want overpowering bass. But want clear bass wherever required.

Genres that I listen to include heavy metal, a lot of classic rock etc. Big no to dubstep etc

Pls suggest me good IEMs under 2k which might meet my requirements. Thanks

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
try to source e30 only below 2k or else get pl30 around 1500 from proaudiohome. com. I got mine for 1189 in offer.

Around 2.5k signature acoustics c12, vsonic gr02 bass edition but they have very good highs and mids delivery if I'm not mistaken.

5fusion

Journeyman
if you have already tried the e30's then get the brainwavz m1
thats what i was going to suggest:thumbs:. i feel m1 is quite close to e30s with very slight warmer sound.
As you have been spoilt by e30s, anything below 2k would b a step down i suppose.

try to source e30 only below 2k or else get pl30 around 1500 from proaudiohome. com. I got mine for 1189 in offer.
If you wanna save cash pl30 is good option too.

samudragupta

Youngling
i was also going to suggest the PL30's, but i dont know what the hell is wrong with soundmagic... they have more than doubled the price of their earphones... WTF...

staticsid

Team Digit
I recently tried the PL 30 and quite honestly I couldn't stand it for more than 5 mins. It's so tinny; almost like the sound from radios (transistors) from a bygone era.

I'd recommend the Cowon EM1. As close to neutral as you can get in that price range.

OP
N

nomadsorion

Broken In
Re: Looking for an IEM with price&lt;2k

Hey. Thanks for your responses

I am against buying SoundMagic this time since the brand has started being stupid and it has increased it's prices upto 2x. And it is not worth buying SoundMagic at such high prices when the build quality is still bad.

Can you please throw more light on Cowon EM1? Has anyone tried it? What is your take on this? I read a few reviews and got to know that its a VFM IEM. I want good clarity and I wouldnt mind spending a few more hundreds to get it.

How is JBL J33? I think it is a bit neutral. The price is a bit high though

I see that the price of Cowon EM1 is 750/- I am a bit sceptical about its quality. Pls help me

Last edited:
Top Bottom