looking for a phone - please suggest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I am looking for a phone, I am currently using a w810i

Required features:

1) It should have a good enough camera, I do use the mobile camera a lot during travel for snaps.

2) I listen to music a lot so good audio quality is required. I will prefer a 3.5 audio port as I have bad experience with my w810i proprietary port - the head phone got damaged twice.

3) Basic GPRS/EDGE should be there - I do surf occasionally for quick net access. Wi-fi will be added advantage.

4) Must be a symbian phone (never used symbian phone before).

I have in mind n79 but open to any other alternative in other brands.

If you guys can suggest me some phones having having those features (preferebly within 15k but can be extended) - it wud be gr8 :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Go with N79. The 5MP AF camera is what you need.
Ditch the default headset & get a good one.

k4ce

Youngling
there are only two fones .. 5800xm and n79 ... n79 better cam ... 5800xm bigger better screen and slightly better audio quality ... plus right now its vfm cos for 13.5, u get the fone with a 8gb card and very good headset ...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
except for camera, 5800XM has upper hand in everything else. and internet surfing and music in 5800XM rocks.

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I considered 5800 but hesitated because of two reasons - 1. bad camera as I heard and I am not sure having a touchscreen only phone as I am more used to rough use the sets and use on the go - I guess you need to concentrate to use a touchscreen cell.

is n79 camera good?

I considered n86 but its camera is not the best either (even if its 8mp ).

Is there any other exceptionally good phones from any other manufacturer within the range of n79 or maybe more?

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I considered 5800 but hesitated because of two reasons - 1. bad camera as I heard and I am not sure having a touchscreen only phone as I am more used to rough use the sets and use on the go - I guess you need to concentrate to use a touchscreen cell.

is n79 camera good?

Is there any other exceptionally good phones from any other manufacturer within the range of n79 or maybe more?

If u can extend ur budget then get N86 around 20.x k .. Dont judge N86 by gsmarena review. N86 with its current ver 20 firmware is a top notch camera device. The best overall. U can follow my thread here. N86 is exceptionally good as a camera. And u will appreciate it a lot since ur coming from W810i.

If N86 is not the best 8mp phone, then show me which one is? :)

digitalkrish

Broken In
E72-- THE phone for you...:lol:

5 MP Camera, Optical Navi Key, Fast processor, Easy mailing n good battery back up!

bt frst get urself onlyn reserved at *tinyurl.com/yb5g7u6
Cheers!

Tamoghno

Padawan
N79. N86

I would not suggest you 5800. S60v5 will leave you with a bad taste about symbian. if you are first time symbian user , you will probably get disappointed with 5800's UI and software. its simply is NOT made for touchscreen.Even i found it quirky after 5+yrs of symbian experience.although 5800 is an *EXCELLENT* PMP/MP3 Player and good web browser. (i knew i needed one the moment i saw demo spiderman video on it :)) )

N86 is really very good . i am currently using it and this is the most perfect device i've ever used. Get it , you wont regret.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Yes Touchscreen requires you to concentrate all the time. you'll have to take your phone out of pocket and look at it even if you just want to pause a song(unless you're using remote)

Why do you think so? only thing it lacks is xenon , but its still in the top league and have best video .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom