Looking for a mobile, budget: Max 25k

aloqve

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys, after looking at a lot of mobiles with similar specs and being confused, I want to take your help. So here is what I am looking for:

1. Budget : Around 20k

2. Display type and size? : At least 4.5". Good display with decent sunlight legibity.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar.

4. Preferred choice of brand? : Not really brand conscious, but have heard about poor after sales services of Indian brands like micromax (also battery getting heated up and hanging ) or brands like Gionee . So if you are suggesting one of these brands, please also mention about the after sale services

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera: Front and rear cameras

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly: Both 3G and Wi-Fi. 4G if available would be a bonus but not really required.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Flash, GPS , Youtube.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? : Primarily for talking, and games.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? : Here are all the mobiles I have found fulfilling most of the requirements-

Xolo q 3000
MIcromax canvas knight
Moto G
HTC desire 816 (when would it be released, any ideas?)
Xperia T2 Ultradual
Xperia M2 dual
Karbonn titanium octane plus

12. Any other info that you want to share : Dual sim , good battery life needed. I am looking for the best thing in the budget, so even though most of my requirements may be fulfilled by lower end mobiles, please suggest something which is the best the money can buy in this price range according to the requirements.

Thanks in advance!

S4 Mini @ 18k for smaller size, AMOLED screen & great battery life

Grand 2 @ 20k, overall good, if you are ok with its screen size

M2 Dual is overpriced for its specs

Desire 816 seems to be a good phone for the price (sensible pricing by HTC after a long time). Wait for it. At 5.5",the phone is quite big though

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
moto x and nexus 5 are much better than any indian offerings and samsung , lenovo etc imo

maddoctor

I could suggest you Lenovo P780. It has 4000mAh, which means that you will charge the phone about once a week, Dual Sim, CPU 1.2 Quad Core, supports microSD. I believe its a good buy. At Coolicool they have it for 205.99$ ( ₨ 12372.7894 )

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
lenovo is good but never gets updates to current devices
plus forget about unofficial roms etc, lenovo uses mediatek cpus which are closed source and rarely have roms and root available for future use
id say nexus 5 is op's best bet followed by moto x
no other droid can match these

OP
A

aloqve

Thanks everyone! Time to go ahead and look at all the mobiles you guys mentioned!

Top Bottom