Looking for a medium-end gaming/work laptop

OP
R

roady

Digital Marketer
I prefer 14" laptop, but its upto you what you want.

Yeah, you're right...which is why I decided to put that on hold.

Found this one - Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/1GB Graphics/ DOS Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

How is this one?

OP
R

roady

Digital Marketer
Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/1GB Graphics/ DOS Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

Finally got this laptop.. the only downside i see is the battery backup..
I think I'm getting only 2 hours max backup.. Anyone else who knows about this laptop can tell me the exact battery backup?

Also, the weird thing going on with this battery is that sometimes.. at 100% charged it shows 5.5 hours backup
then at 98% it shows 1.5 hours
then at 70% it shows 3 hours ... and so on... fluctuating...

I called up the Dell support.. he's like my laptop should have a backup from 1.5 - 2.5 hours.. and I dont think im getting beyond 2 ...

Another thing - he asked me to use quickset.. and check out the battery health.. no error as such being shown over there. What should I do?

He's only willing to replace the battery if it shows up some error message.

I asked the guy for a 9cell battery and...

As for a 9cell battery which CAN be installed in this.. the battery backup would be 2.5 - 3.5 hours. Seriously? /facepalm

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@roady
Congrats at your purchase.
But I think you could have gone for better options for gaming.
Moreover nvidia gt525m is near about equivalent to intel hd4000 in gaming.
With hd4000 you would have got better battery life and lower price.

aroraanant

Explorer
Congrats for the laptop.
I think you should get atleast 2.5-3hrs battery backup with the current battery and with a 9 cell battery you will get around 4-4.5hrs very easily even you can expect upto 5hrs in some cases

Top Bottom