Looking for a good Photo Printer

venkig

Broken In
This would be the first time I dwelling into Printers. I need a Photo Printer, preferably AIO but I don't seem to find anything that is a great photo printer and has these features.

I have been looking at Canon's Pro 100/1000 and also Mid range Pixma 3010 (to keep the cost low)

The immediate require that I have is to print baby photos at home. I also like to get great prints of my landscapes too.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all, mention your budget(incl printing cost,see the next line regarding cartridges to understand) because that only will decide which colour printer you can afford. Keep in mind that deskjet printers usually have very poor efficiency so printing 1-2 dozen good quality large size photos may result in finished cartridges.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
With such budget are you getting the printer for professional use because in that case suggestions will be different.

This one looks alright:
*www.amazon.in/Canon-G5070-Function...color+printer,aps,350&sr=8-15#customerReviews

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Not professional use. Purely personal but I need my prints to be better than average home photos. Planning to use high quality paper for each of my prints. Would love a scanner too but not sure if I need to buy that separately or If I can find something like the above you suggested which will also let me print A3, A3+

How about - PIXMA TS9570 ?

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Not great reviews at all. G6070 seems to have Scan and Copy which is also something I need with a printer.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
When I was buying my first printer I had much lower budget, but I zeroed into Canon Pixma G2012 for much lower price in the long run and also for not drying of ink in Ink Tank printers.

And it has been going strong till then, the only issue being, sometimes the printer does not take in paper properly, but that's only if I do not use it in a long time, and the drivers for it are hard to find, on the internet.

OP
V

venkig

Broken In
Still Insanely confused with what to get. I am not really sure if I should be looking at A3 printers. I am sure I'd barely take those prints and it somewhat makes sense for me to take it to the lab if I need one.

I guess I need a perfect A4 Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier. Any suggestions for a laser one?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Get a Canon Pro-100 if you want good balance between photo quality and price. Pro-10 is better obviously, with its 10-cartridge system that uses pigment-based inks, but like you say it may not be of much use to you.

For scanning/copying just get a separate cheap black laser MFP and use 3rd party toner (not refills!) from brother or canon and call it a day.

There are no good all-in-one photo printers at low prices, to be quite honest with you. You will end up compromising somewhere.

Oh, and avoid HP at all costs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like I'll be doing Pro-100 soon then.
Wait for good offer in amazon & flipkart sale then & get cards ready(for sbi/flipkart I suggest simplyclick & sbi yono app & for hdfc if you can get your hands on one then regalia(not regalia first) else any hdfc card+hdfc smartbuy).

Top Bottom