Looking for a budget tablet for general purposes (browsing/surfing, on-line trading, emails etc)

dshirvaikar

Broken In
Requirements:
• Size: Around 7-8 inches or more if available
• Primary uses : On-line trading (regular thru sites like ICICIDirect/HDFC Sec), Browsing/surfing - hence reasonably good surfing speed with 3G
• At least 1 GB usable RAM (I understand that what is claimed is not entirely usable) and importantly optimum for the processor (what use would a quad-core processor be with 512 MB RAM?)
• Camera doesn't matter
• GPS, Bluetooth preferable
• OTG connectivity to pen drives, data cards etc.
• Stability of OS while using device i.e. no random crashes.
• Budget - 5-6K
A detachable keyboard would be a bonus.

Most tablets I have researched work with a 3G dongle while some do come with a SIM slot/card. Does it matter ? U can always get a 3G data pack from a Mobile service
provider whose SIM u are using. If it does, what is preferable as well as economical?

I have looked at Micromax Funbook (255, 256, 280), Acer Iconia and one of my friends recommended iBall (not sure which model).
Also would like ur opinion on Datawind tablets (Akash). Are they as good/bad as are made out to be?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Requirements:
• Size: Around 7-8 inches or more if available
• Primary uses : On-line trading (regular thru sites like ICICIDirect/HDFC Sec), Browsing/surfing - hence reasonably good surfing speed with 3G
• At least 1 GB usable RAM (I understand that what is claimed is not entirely usable) and importantly optimum for the processor (what use would a quad-core processor be with 512 MB RAM?)
• Camera doesn't matter
• GPS, Bluetooth preferable
• OTG connectivity to pen drives, data cards etc.
• Stability of OS while using device i.e. no random crashes.
• Budget - 5-6K
A detachable keyboard would be a bonus.

Most tablets I have researched work with a 3G dongle while some do come with a SIM slot/card. Does it matter ? U can always get a 3G data pack from a Mobile service
provider whose SIM u are using. If it does, what is preferable as well as economical?

I have looked at Micromax Funbook (255, 256, 280), Acer Iconia and one of my friends recommended iBall (not sure which model).
Also would like ur opinion on Datawind tablets (Akash). Are they as good/bad as are made out to be?
The worst of all in the world of Tablets. Never ever believe the trash non-existent company.

You could have a look for Iball Slide i6516 Tablet OR Iball slide i9018 Tablets both of which are quite decent.
You may go with Lenovo Idea Tab A1000.

You have :--->Simmtronics Xpad Mini;XOLO QC800;Karbonn Cosmic smart Tab10;Milagrow MGTP-09(8GB);Byond Mi Book Mi-8 just to name a few.Budget will be below Rs.10k or nearer.

Lava E-Tab Xtron/Xtron+ is also a decent buy according to your budget.

Top Bottom