Looking for 2 TB External Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Did you get one?
no dear. i got busy and as the hdd nowadays is hidden inside the drawer, i completely forgot. also, one more option got added in the list i.e. smartfish Armour case which most probably i am going to buy. i even once looked for it but black one was not available so i didn't buy.
now i will look for it again n buy soon.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Sorry for writing late. Bought Gizga Essentials Pouch for 2.5" Hard Drive - Metallic Hard Disk Armour Case (Slate Grey) - Gizga Essentials : Flipkart.com

got 15% discount on it using phonepe. 4TB WD fits tightly.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
thanks dear, i remember that. 4tb1.jpg 4tb2.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks!It seems WD has updated their 4TB models which now show all SMART values(earlier models only show 4 SMART values & no power on hours).Can you post the product link on amazon from where you bought it just to be extra sure?

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Thanks!It seems WD has updated their 4TB models which now show all SMART values(earlier models only show 4 SMART values & no power on hours).Can you post the product link on amazon from where you bought it just to be extra sure?

this one *www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01LQQH86A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting,who is the seller because same capacity hdd but different colour is available at cheaper rate with different sellers.I am guessing that this black colour model is newer than other models hence the difference in SMART values.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
may be many users were not happy with this move so wd reverted back to old ways. i myself pestered them to confirm whether 2tb (initially I wanted to buy that only) shows full attributes or it too hides things.

Arushi Bansal

Broken In
Did you get one?

Hii Dear,
There are many good brands for external Harddisk such as Wd, Transcend, Silicon and, Seagate. But I recommend you to go for Seagate or WD. I have used 1 TB hard disk of both these brands and I'm still using it now. Hope my answer will help you

Last edited:
OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Hii Dear,
There are many good brands for external Harddisk such as Wd, Transcend, Silicon and, Seagate. But I recommend you to go for Seagate or WD. I have used 1 TB hard disk of both these brands and I'm still using it now. Hope my answer will help you

hey dear,
thanks a lot for the information. it appears you have not noticed my post in this thread wherein I have mentioned the WD 4TB that I have already purchased. the post you have quoted was about the HDD Case / Enclosure which also I have purchased. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom