Long BIOS beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepesh83

Broken In
I have a PC in a NETWORK which is beeping long countinuos beeps :( , its an AWARD BIOS can anybody tell for what is this beep code for, i had searched internet but can't find any long countinuos beep code.
:arrow: and yes i don't think this one is for RAM.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Your RAM as a problem eiter it is corrupt or not installed properly...

This kind of situation only arises when you ave faulty hardware...

Naga

Broken In
Check this out for Bios errors *forums.tech-arena.com/showthread.php?t=4126&highlight=bios+beeps
Yours seem to suggest RAM error.

OP
D

deepesh83

Broken In
ok

checked but now the RAM is ok and beeps are gone but still computer is unbootable the PC's green light is on fans r runing. but nothing comes up on monitor(alreday tried different monitor).

demoninside

In the zone
what does that means theraven?
and for u deepesh just try to boot ur system after replacing RAM cause Long beeps arise on RAM eror

theraven

Technomancer
post=POST=P.O.S.T.= Power On Self Test=where ur system checks the amt of ram and the drives installed ... where u can press "del" to get into setup !

walking-techie

Journeyman
the error u stated occurs becos of faulty h/w ( generally becos of improperly installed RAM or Faulty Ram).. However it mght also occur becos of ur monitor ( which mght hav gone faulty )

However u hav checked both ...

So now onwards to next question

WHAT is POST? (POWER - ON Supply Test)

well do u remember the screen where ur HDD's and CD-R/RW's and DVD-R's/RW's are recognizes,

The screen where u get the AWARD Logo and the imeediate next screen where ur system components are listed

welll do you see those screens

well if u dont see these stop doin anything urself and get a professional to do the job

if u see thses screens and the comp hangs up while loading windows, then windows may hav gone corrupt,

also, even windows mght load but no monitor display then " DID U INSTALL ANY LATEST GARPHICS DRIVER OR DIREXT X VERSIONS)

If u did then the software mght be faulty, in such a case ( if using win 98 )boot using a floppy and do a complete format of the partition where win98 is loaded

if using winxp press f8 while boot up process , select option " boot using last known good config.. "

Welll hope this solves ur problems

OP
D

deepesh83

Broken In
Thanks i will get a prof. for this one, but can u suggest why three of my comp. in a network boot about 2-3 hours late and shows checksum error (battery already checked and replaced), this happened after i closed the PC's for about 2 months.

indro

In the zone
It maybe a faulty memory module , what my experience says is that normally due to a loose agp card , in ur case its onboard so its irrerevant. Check and try to update the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom