Locking inactive client's session automatically !

techshan

Broken In
In our sbs 2003 domain environment, the clients' pc's inactive for default period will be locked out automatically and only Ctrl+ Alt + Del & client password combination will unlock the client's pcs.

Recently around 9 months before, all our client's pc's joined the new sbs 2011 but (usually all are locking with Win+L key combination manually)the auto lock feature is not working from the beginning onwards. Now only I am brought up with this issue by clients.

Please help me set that option!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I remember exactly there was a option in gpedit to enable ctrl+alt+del after lock/autolock. Regarding "enabling autolock", there's a option in 7 but I can't think of any similar option in XP. Try finding, you may get.

Also try this solution.

OP
T

techshan

Broken In
Hi

The solution which you provided in the last section of your post--- *www.fnode.com/2007/04/how-to-lock-windows-xp-when-idle/ it is almost similar to the solution at

How to lock computers when idle by using GPO Bridge to Nova

Difference between yours' and the another one is scheduled tasks & GPO methods.

If you help me in the second method how to apply through GPO of default domain policy , it will be helpful for me!

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
When the above method is just screensaver method. Anyways, I can help you with 7, I can't remember of XP. Let me check.

OP
T

techshan

Broken In
When the above method is just screensaver method. Anyways, I can help you with 7, I can't remember of XP. Let me check.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion and

Finally got working with the help from

Inactivity lock out feature not working in clients! of sbs 2011

and from you people also

Once again Thank you for all

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Locking Client Workstations After So Many Minutes of Inactivity
Screen Saver executable name setting should be set to Enabled with scrnsave.scr set as the screen savers executable name (this is the blank screen saver installed on each machine). You need to be careful that the executable name you specify actually exists on the client machine!

i have never used domain group policy but it seems like one has to activate screensaver 1st then only password protect & timeout option works.
How to enforce password protected screen saver globally? - Windows-2000-NT-General-Discussion - Windows-2000-NT
Open or create a group policy at the proper level (domain or OU) navigate to
user config - admin templates - control panel - display.
Set the Activate screen saver - Screen saver exe (all computers must have
the exe for this to work) - Password protect - and screen saver time out.

Top Bottom